MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Released] Inventory Shop 1.1.0 Release Candidate 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I may have time after the Final release, to do it. If MyBb 1.4 isn't in Beta yet.
Phew, it worked!
I only had to add that seventh setting Big Grin
Thanks for your help!
And congratulations for making such a great mod, Ryan! It was a real pain in the... behind to not have it working because my members loved it and they kept bugging me to fix it Smile)
congrats Flaw!
let's wait for the next release Wink
Flaw Wrote:Phew, it worked!
I only had to add that seventh setting Big Grin
Thanks for your help!
And congratulations for making such a great mod, Ryan! It was a real pain in the... behind to not have it working because my members loved it and they kept bugging me to fix it Smile)

I'm glad it worked, post here if you have any more problems. Smile
Finally got this installed. Much improved over the Gamma-ish releases from a couple months ago.

Two questions, though. In a future version, could the admin have an option of setting the Sell price. In my forum, the items are taken from the Tales series, which happens to have a set value that you get from selling items back.

And is there a way to show off the items listed (by shop) in the user's profile or in their postbit in their post?
By default, with a default postbit, the items they've purchased show up in the postbit.

And you're idea is very interesting, however, there are other features planned that will tie into the sell_item() function.

I've already planned having a Sell Percentage feature, which means basically that a user will get back only a certain percentage of what they've paid when selling.

However, I will look into it, and I think I've already got it planned out, let me work out the details and get back to you.

To access your items in the postbit use {$post['shop_name']}. Like {$post['weapon']} will print that users Weapon.

Take a look in the plugin, and your database.

mybb_shops table and look mainly at the "shop" field.

Whatever is in that field for each shop, is what you put in the variable.

Hope that helps. Smile
Something else I came across this morning. Having the ability to have certain items be "one-time only" would be nice.

Let's say you have a Final Fantasy forum. You might only want one Buster Sword or an Ultima Weapon up for grabs. That could get people to post more often to "get it first".
Interesting Concept... I'll think about it as well.

And the Sell Price is a good idea, I know exactly how to implement it.

You set a default Sell Percentage in the Settings, but if you set a sell price for each item then it'll use that instead of the default, else it'll use the default.
I have a question. While testing out the postbit functions you talked about, I noticed that if I picked another item, it would replace my "current" one in the posbit function.

Shouldn't that show all of the items I've bought (two as of now)?
The postbit function is set up to show only items that you have bought, however, this is on a default postbit, which I know you do not have.

There is nothing in the function that will replace the items, what you MAY be seeing, is the cache function.

The cache function grabs all of the items and money from all of the users who have posted in that thread, with one query.

This is a HUGE change compared to the way I used to do it, which was two queries for every post, which could be VERY server intensive on huge threads.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12