MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB Goes Open Source, Now GNU GPL v3 Licensed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
I think I will leave it! people put alot of hard work into this, I will let people know who provides my forum software!
Realy good news.
After the announcement of donating for mybb I realy thought that myBB goes the "IPB way".

Thanks Chris Smile
I am not sure whether this is a good thing or not, for a start it means people can sell MYBB on ebay to people who don't know any better and secondly i think alot of people will remove the powered by line and i disagree with this. I hope you will enforce the no Powered by, no support rule strictly.
(2008-10-12, 10:01 AM)mcgroove Wrote: [ -> ]I think I will leave it! people put alot of hard work into this, I will let people know who provides my forum software!
Too right. Removing the copyright is taking all the credit away from the MyBB team. Even if it is legal now, I still wouldn't remove the copyright.
Same as mcgroove really, although I've changed mine to say "Proudly powered by MyBB".
(2008-10-12, 10:28 AM)flick Wrote: [ -> ]Same as mcgroove really, although I've changed mine to say "Proudly powered by MyBB".
You know, you could do that before - the only rule was that you could not remove or obfuscate the link.
hurreyyy.... this is realy cool
Quote:or a start it means people can sell MYBB on ebay to people who don't know any better

You mean we couldn't do that before? Crap.

Quote:i think alot of people will remove the powered by line and i disagree with this. I hope you will enforce the no Powered by, no support rule strictly.

I don't see it as being a massive problem, really. Whether you or I agree with it or not s neither here nor there, the management does :p If people remove it and they get some support it's not gonna harm MyBB in any way.

Meh.
Only those simple support questions like "how do I change this option" will be the ones that will get away with removing the copyright and get support as we don't really require a link.

For the more complex issues when they don't want to be worrying about replacing the copyright, it's then that they will need it.
Is it allowed (now) to modify myBB and sell the modified version of myBB?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14