MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB Goes Open Source, Now GNU GPL v3 Licensed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
(2008-10-12, 11:58 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]KDE announcement...where is the thread to discuss?

Here
well donno its gud or bad Sad

1 question as MyBB Goes Open Source, Now GNU GPL v3 Licensed
So the main support source will still be MyBB Group with the same Portal for the Latest Releases and Downloads?
As far as I can see, based on previous replies etc - everything will stay the same. Only the license is changing. (IE: giving users more freedoms Wink )

(2008-10-13, 01:48 AM)MyBBmodding Wrote: [ -> ]well donno its gud or bad Sad

1 question as MyBB Goes Open Source, Now GNU GPL v3 Licensed
So the main support source will still be MyBB Group with the same Portal for the Latest Releases and Downloads?
Wooooop deeeeee dooo daaa Big Grin
No one answered my question Sad

Is MyBB's development model going to follow the open source method eg.) public read access to the svn or even commit access
Cool. But one question: Will there be more versions of Mybb?
(2008-10-13, 04:14 AM)Tabbie Wrote: [ -> ]Cool. But one question: Will there be more versions of Mybb?

Of course
Jeff Wrote:Is MyBB's development model going to follow the open source method eg.) public read access to the svn or even commit access
At this stage, nothing in that regard will change. We'll be looking in to it for the future though.
Great news indeed, it's really nice to hear this.

I really have to make a donation to the Mybb team when I get some extra money. I had the money to purchase a Vbulletin and IPB license not too long ago and decided to stay with Mybb since it's such a great piece of forum software. Smile

I don't mind keeping the "Powered by Mybb" logo as it's not really an issue for me or my members. However I would want to replace the text with an image of "Powered by Mybb" to prevent attackers from searching forums that are powered by Mybb.....
(2008-10-13, 08:38 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]However I would want to replace the text with an image of "Powered by Mybb" to prevent attackers from searching forums that are powered by Mybb.....

That has been allowed both on the old license and new GPL license.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14