MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB to MyBB Converter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
phpBB2 Convertor @ new location!

You found any of my work @ the new location:
MyBB Convertors

Please post only there support requests or problems - I unsubscribe now any convertor related topics here on the board.

Greetings
Changed:

2005-10-14 (v0.2.1)
  • Add: most users online
  • Fix: Banned list not cleared on restart converter

Last version download on first post!
Good work.
I think importing a database would seem intimidating.
2005-10-14 (v0.3)
  • Add: user language mapping
  • Add: more user settings imported
  • Add: all profilefields now imported
  • Add: more common settings imported
  • Add: users which not activatet go now to usergroup 'Awaiting Activation'
Last version download on first post!
It is a good thing. I will have to try it and see and will of course let you know and give you a feed backSmile
Updated to v0.4 with:

Add: import Bad Word Filters
Add: Profile Control Panel MOD
Updated to v0.5
  • Fix: Lastvisit of 'Awaiting Activation' users
  • Fix: db->table_exists() don't run on 2 systems -> replaced by own function
  • Add: option COPYGALLERYAVATARS
Oooh nice! I'll have to install phpBB sometime and try it out! Smile Of course, it'll be a while before I get some server space and have time, and even want too look at phpBB after seeing MyBB for that matter! Toungue

-Yaggles
P.S. Nice idea!
Good day,

I'm hoping you can offer some assistance with an error i have got with your converter. i'll start by saying that i have checked all the settings for both installations (mybb and phpbb) both boards are installed on the same database and both are working fine with no mods installed on either.

the error im getting is as follows:

Quote:mySQL error: 1146
Table 'leelad_phpb2.users' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT * FROM users WHERE user_id > 0 ORDER BY user_id LIMIT 0, 500;

I have enabled debug and it does this on all tables that it tries to import. i only have a limited knowledge of php and SQL but it appears that its looking for the table called "users" when it should be looking for "phpbb_users" is that right? any assistance would be spot on.

Ta.
leelad Wrote:I have enabled debug and it does this on all tables that it tries to import. i only have a limited knowledge of php and SQL but it appears that its looking for the table called "users" when it should be looking for "phpbb_users" is that right? any assistance would be spot on.

What is the value of your phpBB2 config.php variable $table_prefix ? Afaik it seems to be empty.

Also you can try to add:
if (!file_exists($phpbb_path . '/config.php')) {
   die("Check your $phpbb_path value and try again!");
}

before the lines:
// include phpbb2 config file
require $phpbb_path . '/config.php';
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17