MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyNetwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(2009-06-08, 11:06 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure he will post if there's something to post. Asking continuously probably won't help.

Probably just gets annoying after a while.
(2009-06-09, 03:57 PM)skywalker2208 Wrote: [ -> ]Probably just gets annoying after a while.

Words of truth!... Toungue

It's not that this isn't in active development, there's just things piling up that stop me from releasing it fully. When I have something new to show, I'll be sure to let you all know.

I plan to let the core MyNetwork (minus a few settings) loose on my website when I release MyTracker to see how it performs. It seems pretty good internally here, but you can never be too sure!

Just a quick update - MyNetwork will come with 3 different profile views: a new MyBB look, an IPB sort-of "clone" and a vB "clone". An Admin can decide which profile view to set globally - note that users will not (NOT) be able to select what profile view they want by default. That, I think, would be a nightmare.
(2009-02-18, 09:14 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]As a request from the suggestion, I'll be attempting to convert something I custom made into a plugin. I've decided to call it MyNetwork (catchy huh? Toungue), just so I can keep it inline with MyTracker and MyWiki really...

So, the idea is to provide (basic) "social networking" functions. The core of which will be:
  • User Status (similar to Twitter, Facebook Status, for example)
  • Profile Comments
  • Extended Buddylist
  • Extended Reputation System
  • Extended UserCP (to include things like interests, music, movies etc.)
  • Profile Views (maybe)
  • Poke Ability (you have no idea how much I use this on Facebook!)
Is there anything else that you feel should be included as standard? I'll be following MyBB development standards as closely as possible so the system could be extended by the Plugin System (as in, create plugins for the MyNetwork plugin) and closer integration with the forum.

There's no timescales for this as I've got a lot on my plate at the moment, although hopefully it'll be ready for release before the end of March.

I think you should combine with Profiledesign 1.2. Members can option your page. For example, wallpaper options.
too much change. the core is already made.
I think MyBB MyNetwork be integrated into the installation. Is not an extension. If the extension, when we change host, we will disable them and all such information will be lost.
(2009-06-14, 08:54 AM)mine90 Wrote: [ -> ]I think MyBB MyNetwork be integrated into the installation. Is not an extension. If the extension, when we change host, we will disable them and all such information will be lost.
Good point. But adding this to the core installation doesn't seem correct. MyBB is a forum system, not a social network. But you're totally right, all data can be lost when changing hosts or something.. and yeah, that's annoying. Perhaps Tomm could "fix" it.

Maybe placing this HUGE plugin in the downloads page, next to the core MyBB package. The most common requests here are vBulletin modifications and such social networking features, so as most users would like to have these features and the team doesn't want MyBB to turn out a social network, this is like a "feature upgrade".
(2009-06-14, 09:06 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-14, 08:54 AM)mine90 Wrote: [ -> ]I think MyBB MyNetwork be integrated into the installation. Is not an extension. If the extension, when we change host, we will disable them and all such information will be lost.
Good point. But adding this to the core installation doesn't seem correct. MyBB is a forum system, not a social network. But you're totally right, all data can be lost when changing hosts or something.. and yeah, that's annoying. Perhaps Tomm could "fix" it.

Maybe placing this HUGE plugin in the downloads page, next to the core MyBB package. The most common requests here are vBulletin modifications and such social networking features, so as most users would like to have these features and the team doesn't want MyBB to turn out a social network, this is like a "feature upgrade".

I think Tomm should add "export" feature. When we disable this plugin, we can chose export imformation to file, and when we enable again, we can import file exported before
Would be great if you add something like video gallery (youtube or anything else). Plus please count me in for beta testing.
any update?? can;t wait..

just curious when this plugin will release...
(2009-06-10, 10:10 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-09, 03:57 PM)skywalker2208 Wrote: [ -> ]Probably just gets annoying after a while.

Words of truth!... Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36