MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyNetwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Yeah pretty cool. But I don't get the Origin part, what do you mean 'game'? The only think I could think of was an RPG-like modification. Is it?
(2009-07-08, 01:32 PM)Tom Loveric Wrote: [ -> ]Where can we purchase a subscription?

I'm in the middle of making http://resources.xekko.co.uk - and the main website will be a sort of introduction to the plugins.

(2009-07-08, 01:33 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah pretty cool. But I don't get the Origin part, what do you mean 'game'? The only think I could think of was an RPG-like modification. Is it?

It's what's known as a "turn and text-based RPG". I'm just going to copy what Kings of Chaos is about, as it's the easiest way I can explain it. Imagine Lord of the Rings, but you're attacking other members of your forum, in text format.

Quote:Description: Kings of Chaos is a massive online multiplayer war game. It is entirely text based, with no in-game graphics. The game takes place in a turn based text war. The game is all about building an army of either humans, orcs, elves, or dwarves. You start off with one solider and 1000 gold pieces. You can invest this money and future money into either weapons, spies, mercenaries, armor, upgrades, or more troops.

When you attack another player's army, the website auto decides the victory. Based on both players' attack and defense, the result is drawn up. Not only does it show you who wins, but you also get to see interesting details about what went on during the battle. Did either side lose men? Were any weapons damaged? Who stole gold from whom? and so on...

In this game, you can't sit down and play for 5 hours straight. You must wait to build up attack "turns". You can use up to 15 of your "turns" per battle - the more turns you use per battle the more gold you win. To acquire turns you must wait, but this is a good kind of waiting. Even when you are not logged in, your army gains turns and extra income (gold) every few minutes (around 30 minutes). So when you sleep at night, you know your army is still gaining experience and rest for the next day of battling. However, while you are away, other players can attack your army and steal your gold!

If you choose to join this game through a reffering link, you will be enlisted in the person's army. If another user joins the game through your referral link, they will start out as an officer in your army, and you gain a extra soldiers in battle. Regardless of whose army your in, you still get to command your own battalion of soldiers in battle. The amount of "officers" you can have is unlimited.

Hope that helps explain it. The best idea I can give you is to go visit the website of one of those games (Kings of Chaos or Ruins of Chaos), which the game is based of.
Sorry, I'm confused, is this a paid plugin?
(2009-07-08, 05:09 PM)GKS Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I'm confused, is this a paid plugin?

Yes, as was just clearly stated.
(2009-07-08, 05:38 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-08, 05:09 PM)GKS Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, I'm confused, is this a paid plugin?

Yes, as was just clearly stated.

Yeah, I overlooked that I think. Sorry.
how much longer Wink

not very tempting for subscribtion, I notice how you kept us hanging and then TELL us its going to be paid per year.
kinda sucks, I mean, happy to pay $5 but not on a subscription, one off iMO
(2009-06-28, 12:16 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]All I'm going to do is say that it will be released when it's ready. If you have any suggestions you would like to see in MyNetwork, then please feel free to post them. But the "when is it ready?" isn't really needed. Smile
(2009-07-20, 06:13 PM)ryangrant Wrote: [ -> ]not very tempting for subscribtion, I notice how you kept us hanging and then TELL us its going to be paid per year.
kinda sucks, I mean, happy to pay $5 but not on a subscription, one off iMO

When you see the feature list, and the things that are going to be in it, you'll think again for the $5 subscription.
That made me lol. I want this sooo much
Even though I just made a thread complaining about too much paid stuff, the $5 for this is seriously nothing compared to the feature set. It's an entire social networking system with the ability to attach more plugins into it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36