MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyNetwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
(2009-07-23, 07:08 PM)SSBBRAWLIN Wrote: [ -> ]Playlists in profiles, if it's possible.

(Playlist, Imeem, Winamp, etc.)

Does winamp go online? if not not happening imeem i've seen online.
OMG playlists, does MyNetwork have this? Please say yes Tomm ;_;
right tomm. i think you need to stop taking more on at this time. What i think is you make a list of all thing it has on the first post. and just write the rest down as thing still to come after first beta phrase other wise this will never get realeasd. they has to be a time you say no mate.
(2009-07-22, 08:05 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be pulling up a full list of features towards the beginning of next week.

I agree, actually. I'm open to new ideas if they benefit the plugin, but I really don't think playlists will be in it. At least, not in the core or initial modules. I don't know that much about them, and I've never used them. There's nothing to stop you from developing it, though. MyNetwork will hopefully have a hook API to go with it.
(2009-07-23, 08:00 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]OMG playlists, does MyNetwork have this? Please say yes Tomm ;_;

yes, awesome, great, please tomm, make more places for my browser to play crappy music i dont want to listen to
I got a better idea! Lock this topic! Shut us up!
Good idea, actually. I've got a list of features and benefits, so there's no need for this development thread.

MyNetwork will be coming soon.
It's with great regret that I've had to delay the launch of MyNetwork and modules until the New Year. I know this is a popular (or "most wanted") plugin, which is probably why it's the most viewed thread in the development forum. I know you're going to hate me...

I simply don't have the time to continue developing this while I'm stupidly busy at work (normally I'm stuck for things to do before Christmas). I have to keep a livelihood, and I don't want to jeopardise my position at work - especially after pulling something impressive out-of-the-bag (which you'll see in the showcase forum shortly) - and I need to hit deadlines. So, the main reason I'm delaying this is due to time; it's the enemy of all developers.

Actively developing this on the time scales I've mentioned (such as Christmas), would mean working solid over the holiday period. After a pretty hard year for my family, I don't want to do that.

On the other hand, I don't want to leave those who are wanting MyNetwork out in the dark. It is coming, and it will be out of this world. So, here's a few (full screen) screenshots of MyNetwork in action:
There's obviously more too it, but I have a busy afternoon and can't keep take screenshots all day Shy. We've been using it as part of our company's Intranet for over 8 months now, and it's been well received by pretty much everyone. The problem I face is porting it over to a plugin that is stable for other server environments; not everyone has a £7,000 (local) server!...

So, it just leaves me to say sorry, and I hope you're all still interested in this. There's still lots of things to put into MyNetwork and many things you all have no idea about - which makes me excited about the future. 1.6 and MyNetwork will make MyBB, quite simply, the only forum software you'll ever need. Until 2.0 comes, I guess.

I hope you all understand, and if there's any questions feel free to PM me. I don't want to reopen this thread for all the "when is it coming?!" again.

Have a great Christmas, whether you celebrate it or not, and a happy New Year!

Smile
These past 18 months have pretty much been a roller coaster for me - from dark times and getting pushed around to getting my first house, doing the job I love and travelling to places I've only dreamed of. And of course, working on 1.6(!).

So it's really great to finish something I've been working on (and often finding solace in) for these times and let people enjoy them as much as I have. So, without boring your further, you can download MyNetwork for 1.6 over on Xekko. You can read more here: http://resources.xekko.co.uk/thread-62.html

For those looking for the Profile System, it's coming really soon. It's in the last stages of testing on 1.6. It's going to be a really exciting time now that 1.6 and MyNetwork are out in the wild, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Thanks for everyone who's kept interest in this project and I can only apologise for the delays! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Smile
Awesome, can't wait to test it out.

Will the profile system module be free too?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36