MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyNetwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
oh this is getting better as it goes, really looking forward to it now.
I really can't wait for alpha on this!
For anyone who is asking for blogs, they have already been developed and are wonderful! I have them on my site.
I see this project is going to be real good.

I am willing to be a beta tester if / when you need one Smile
(2009-04-06, 06:58 PM)xiofire Wrote: [ -> ]For anyone who is asking for blogs, they have already been developed and are wonderful! I have them on my site.

Where did you get them from? If it's GPL, I'll just incorporate rather than recoding something that already exists...

Just as a mention - this project has started in development, but it will take a while for everything to be ready. As a comparison, MyTracker started 2 months ago, and it still isn't finished!

Because of it's modular nature, I reckon I'll be releasing things as they go along - for example, I'll release the userCP first, then the reputation system, then the referral system etc. etc... hopefully that means you won't have to wait 3 months before you get everything...
(2009-04-09, 11:04 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Where did you get them from?

Nickman at mybbsource.com
I'm really excited about this. Tomm, in my thanks thread you mentioned MyNetwork had this functionality. Can you give a bit more info about it?
Sure. Basically the "thanks" functionality is the extended reputation system for MyNetwork. It allows you to connect a reputation to a specific post, has a button on the postbit and you're able to give a person multiple reputation (and a limit can be set to how much you can give in a 24 hour period).

The reputation page has an extra section where you can see what posts the user has been thanked for. There's a few other little changes that I'll probably put in when I come to do it...
That's exactly what I'm looking for! Now all that needs to be done is to disable repping outside of posts, and get rid of negative reputation altogether ...

Think it can be done with this?
Not really sure about disabling outside posts - there's still a need to give "general" reputation.

You will be able to turn off negative reputation - but still be able to remove reputation you have given to a user.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36