MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBoard.Biz <--- Exclusive Themes and Plugins Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Can someone please close this thread to put us out of our misery!
(2009-06-11, 12:28 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, ghazal, please read what I posted. When you click an attachment, the number of downloads increases. Clicking it recognises it as a download. That does not mean it is now on his computer. If he saw a no permissions page after clicking it, it would still show as him downloading it, even if it is not saved on his computer.

After seeing his downloads, I didnot immegiately Ban them, I go to my forums management in the ACP, cliked on the premium mycodes forum permissions and see that actually it was mistakenly left to set it up...
Visit this thread: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-51170.html

Click the attachment. When you get asked to save it, don't. Click the attachment again. When you get asked to save it, don't. Do this a few times. Then, refresh the thread. You will see the download count has gone up. Is it saved to your computer?? No. This is all your members have done. They click the attachment. They get a no permissions page. The number of downloads increases, but they do not have the plugin.

(2009-06-11, 12:39 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-11, 12:28 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, ghazal, please read what I posted. When you click an attachment, the number of downloads increases. Clicking it recognises it as a download. That does not mean it is now on his computer. If he saw a no permissions page after clicking it, it would still show as him downloading it, even if it is not saved on his computer.

After seeing his downloads, I didnot immegiately Ban them, I go to my forums management in the ACP, cliked on the premium mycodes forum permissions and see that actually it was mistakenly left to set it up...

Does that mean you know the permissions are just wrong...??
(2009-06-11, 12:33 PM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please close this thread to put us out of our misery!

Please _Tim, don't consider it as a mistery, I am here to defend what I have done in my own forum...
(2009-06-11, 12:40 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Visit this thread: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-51170.html

Click the attachment. When you get asked to save it, don't. Click the attachment again. When you get asked to save it, don't. Do this a few times. Then, refresh the thread. You will see the download count has gone up. Is it saved to your computer?? No. This is all your members have done. They click the attachment. They get a no permissions page. The number of downloads increases, but they do not have the plugin.

Oh , I think hat you are considering it as a default downloading of attachements
No , No, I am using a Plugin named "Attachemnt Watcher" which I called ATW in my previuos posts... This plugin will defenitly shows the number od downloads, Plus who downloaded it ...

I tested it several times, that If No permission member clicked on that link, There is no increment in the downloads ...
(2009-06-11, 12:33 PM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please close this thread to put us out of our misery!

This argument will just go round in circles. Ghazal, if you update your website please feel free to post a new thread here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16