MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4/1.6] Its My Birthday! (Update: v2.2 Released)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2010-11-12, 10:12 PM)EndlessEncounters Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-11-12, 01:35 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]In postbit_classic

FIND
</table>

ADD BEFORE
<tr style="{$post[\'imb_display\']};" id="imb_{$post[\'pid\']}">
	{$post[\'itsmybirthday_wishes_data\']}
</tr>

Thanks for the support given
postbit classic putting in the code gives me a t-string error any ideas to why ?

Damn! I always forget and make this mistake. I copy pasted the above template edits from my source code and so it was escaped, but since you are entering it directly in to the templates, it doesn't need to be escaped, so here is what actually needs to be entered.

In postbit:

FIND
</tbody>

ADD BEFORE:
    <tr style="{$post['imb_display']};" id="imb_{$post['pid']}">
            {$post['itsmybirthday_wishes_data']}
    </tr>

In postbit_classic

FIND
</table>

ADD BEFORE
<tr style="{$post['imb_display']};" id="imb_{$post['pid']}">
    {$post['itsmybirthday_wishes_data']}
</tr>
thanks, this worked.
Hello,

I just installed this fantastic plugin and everything works great but I have a question relating the Thread/Post Starting User feature.

On ACP options I set the user´s ID into 12 as he is the moderator in the forum where I need these automatic birthday threads to be published. His ID is 12. Then I tested, and in fact, he "opened" a birthday thread without visiting the board that day. So all good. he thinks it´s fantastic

My moderator´s birthday will be in March something. What happens there?, Will it show that he is opening a birthday thread for himself?, or is it a way to have a secondary User ID to post an automatized birthday thread for my moderator to be set in the options?. Like having ID 1 ready to publish only for ID 12.

Is it possible to set two ID numbers like I´m showing?

Quote:Thread/Post Starting User
Enter the User ID of the user you want to be the Birthday Thread Opener or the Poster. Used only if opening of thread or adding a post is enabled.

12, 1

I hope I was able to express my question.

Thank you.
(2011-02-28, 07:55 AM)Sammyed Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I just installed this fantastic plugin and everything works great but I have a question relating the Thread/Post Starting User feature.

On ACP options I set the user´s ID into 12 as he is the moderator in the forum where I need these automatic birthday threads to be published. His ID is 12. Then I tested, and in fact, he "opened" a birthday thread without visiting the board that day. So all good. he thinks it´s fantastic

My moderator´s birthday will be in March something. What happens there?, Will it show that he is opening a birthday thread for himself?, or is it a way to have a secondary User ID to post an automatized birthday thread for my moderator to be set in the options?. Like having ID 1 ready to publish only for ID 12.

Is it possible to set two ID numbers like I´m showing?

Quote:Thread/Post Starting User
Enter the User ID of the user you want to be the Birthday Thread Opener or the Poster. Used only if opening of thread or adding a post is enabled.

12, 1

I hope I was able to express my question.

Thank you.

The thread opener will always be the user you set in the admincp. So if the birthday is that of the user who is set to open birthday threads then it will show that he opened a birthday thread for himself/herself.

I like your suggestion about having a secondary or fallback user but as it is I hardly have the time to keep up with maintaining the plugins so I am not adding any features right now. Once I have more time to work on the plugins I will consider your feature request.

Thank you for your real fast response G33K Smile

When the day arrives I will turn it off, post myself the thread, and when the day is over...back on. Thanks for the info.
(2011-02-28, 08:24 AM)Sammyed Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your real fast response G33K Smile

When the day arrives I will turn it off, post myself the thread, and when the day is over...back on. Thanks for the info.

Yes you can set the user id to yours for that one day then revert it back to his so on that day all birthday threads will be posted by you.
I´ll do that for sure,

Taking the opportunity, I´d like to be a little off topic if I may. I know you are busy on your other plugins, and I found another cool one by you called "Welcome PM/email". Would it be possible in the future, to add the "Thread/Post Starting User" feature there, so a welcome thread would be created for the new activated registered users accounts by my lazy moderator on his forum ID? Blush

Sorry about the offtopic, but I had to ask.

Take care.

Is it possible to integrate a test-function or test-button into the plugin to initiate the functions manually for testing?

Now we have to wait until the next member has it's birthday for testing.
Or we change the birthday date of a member to the actual day, but this doesn't work because the plugin does it's function only on midnight, is this correct?
Hey!

This plugin is really awesome and I would like to modify it for my forum which uses html buttons (Realize Theme 1.6.1 by Quacktacular). I have tried to do so but still have a problem.

I first changed the button code in the "itsmybirthday_wishes_button_add" and "itsmybirthday_wishes_button_del" template. The html button look like this now:

[attachment=22107][attachment=22106]

Afterwards I modified the "itsmybirthday.js" in line 46 as follows:

original code
$("imb_i"+pid).src = $("imb_i"+pid).src.replace("postbit_bday_add.gif", "postbit_bday_del.gif");

modified code
$templates->cache['itsmybirthday_wishes_button_add'] = str_replace('[ + ] HAPPY BIRTHDAY','[ - ] HAPPY BIRTHDAY',$templates->cache['itsmybirthday_wishes_button_add']);

Did the same in line 107!

Well, it's working but when adding birthday wishes I always get the redirect page.

[attachment=22108]

Does anybody know how to change the code properly so that the java functionality doesn't get lost and no redirect page appears?! The original plugin shows the spinning wheel instead.

I would appreciate any help!
The js edit you made won't work because that part of the code is meant to change the image source but since in your case you're using text only there is no image to change.

Could you post here what your current itsmybirthday_wishes_button_add and itsmybirthday_wishes_button_del templates are. That way I can work out and tell you what exactly to edit in the jscript.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15