MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4/1.6] Its My Birthday! (Update: v2.2 Released)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Hi, does this plugin respect the "I do not want to recieve email" option?
(2009-08-10, 02:28 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, does this plugin respect the "I do not want to recieve email" option?

TBH I didn't even think about that. I'll include this in the next version.

I've been away for a while hence no updates, but I'm back now so you should see updates to this and my other plugins shortly.
can you explain to me hwo to get this to make a new thread wishing someone a happy birthday

for example:

http://www.canadacommunity.info/Forum-Birthday-s

how would it start new threads here ... please help me set it up in my admin control panel

thanks
(2009-10-02, 12:34 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]can you explain to me hwo to get this to make a new thread wishing someone a happy birthday

for example:

how would it start new threads here ... please help me set it up in my admin control panel

thanks

Go to the plugin's settings page and first make sure its enabled.
Second where it asks if you want to open a thread or a post, make sure "Open a Thread" is selected.
Enter the ID of the thread opener in the next field
Enter the forum id where you want the threads opened (In your case if you want to use the forum you linked to in your post it will be 732)

Lastly check the thread content and change to your need and that should do it.
Save settings.
I have got two problems with this plugin.

Enable Wishing Happy Birthday is YES but I do not see the button.

A new thread for the same birthday is open two times.
(2009-10-03, 09:51 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-02, 12:34 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]can you explain to me hwo to get this to make a new thread wishing someone a happy birthday

for example:

thanks

Second where it asks if you want to open a thread or a post, make sure "Open a Thread" is selected.
Enter the forum id where you want the threads opened (In your case if you want to use the forum you linked to in your post it will be 732)

Save settings.

how did you see or find a 732 ?
(2009-10-03, 10:38 AM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]I have got two problems with this plugin.

Enable Wishing Happy Birthday is YES but I do not see the button.

A new thread for the same birthday is open two times.

For the button: If you're using a language other than english, make sure that you copy the postbit_bday_add.gif and postbit_bday_del.gif to images/<language> directory, the image is in english so you are free to make one in your custom language. If you are using english, make sure that you uploaded postbit_bday_add.gif and postbit_bday_del.gif to images/english directory.

For the double thread, I have no idea as I have had no such problem with this plugin. I can have a look at it if you give me your board url, and a screenshot of the settings you have set in the plugin's settings. OR you can create a temp admin account which I could use to have a look at the setings and see whats wrong.
You can PM it if you don't want to post it here.

(2009-10-03, 02:48 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-03, 09:51 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]

for example:

thanks

Save settings.

how did you see or find a 732 ?

When you go to the forum that you linked in your earlier post, check the link for "New Thread", it will tell you the id of the forum, it'll be newthread.php?fid=xxx that xxx if your forum id.
Enter the ID of the thread opener in the next field ?

can you explain to me what i put this for ?

is this the group id ?
I am 100% sure I add the images on the right place in the images/language directory.
Perhaps I miss the code to show it there.
Its a nice plugin, but why we cant use HTML in email content? is for security reasons?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15