MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4/1.6] Its My Birthday! (Update: v2.2 Released)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Hello,
I am on MyBB 1.6.9 and using Its My Birthday! (2.2) plugin.

I am a long time user of this plugin and i just realized that for few months birthday messages are not being sent out anymore, also no birthday posts and threads are being created.

I am 100% configuration is correct because it worked few birthday dates in the beginning.

So, i have an essential question, does this plugin send birthday messages automatically when there is a new birthday, regardless of the fact if there are board users online or not, or does it execute the sending operation only when there is some visitor on board front-end?

Should i be able to see this task in the Task Manager section?

Or perhaps could i set a cron task to run daily. For what php file / function should i set that cron task?

Anyone is using this plugin? Does it work for everyone? I am the only one with this issue?

Thank you.
(2013-06-09, 01:37 PM)az0000000 Wrote: [ -> ]So, i have an essential question, does this plugin send birthday messages automatically when there is a new birthday, regardless of the fact if there are board users online or not, or does it execute the sending operation only when there is some visitor on board front-end?

In MyBB, all tasks are only run if the site/board is accessed. It just needs to be accessed in order for it to call up the tasks, it doesn't matter if its called up by a guest or a user.

You can run a cron to wget /task.php which will then run the scheduled tasks regardless of site access.

(2013-06-09, 01:37 PM)az0000000 Wrote: [ -> ]Should i be able to see this task in the Task Manager section?

Or perhaps could i set a cron task to run daily. For what php file / function should i set that cron task?

Anyone is using this plugin? Does it work for everyone? I am the only one with this issue?

Thank you.

As far as this plugin goes, it does not use MyBB's tasks, so you will not see the task for this in the scheduled tasks library. This plugin hooks in to global_start and is only run when the site is accessed as a whole, so if you want to run a cron to do this then you would have to wget /index.php

If your forum does not get many visitors and may even go days without a visitor then it is preferable you setup crons for task and index.php so that the birthday messages can be sent on time.
Thank you a lot - G33K - for reply. That's exactly what i have done few days ago, waiting for the next birthday to see if it works.
Version 1.6.12

Igot the plugin installed but no thread is created. We got users each day on the page. When I create a new user and set the birthday to today it is shown in the bottom statistic that its my birthday but no thread or mail or PM.

Any known incompatibility?
did updated on 1.8 mybb
Will there be an update to this plugin or does a similar one exits?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15