MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4/1.6] Its My Birthday! (Update: v2.2 Released)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I have not had any birthdays yet since i fixxed this plugin but I am waiting for this to work when some ones birthday arrives Wink
(2009-10-10, 12:01 PM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]I do not know what you mean exactly but the person who had today his birthday is showed in the today birthdays list so think it must show up.

Could I get a link to your forums and the thread/forum where the birthday threads are opened so I can have a look at it.

Also please create a temporary user account that I can use to login to the forum to have a better look at it.
You can PM me the login details.
Thanks, installing now. Smile
(2009-10-11, 10:53 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-10, 12:01 PM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]I do not know what you mean exactly but the person who had today his birthday is showed in the today birthdays list so think it must show up.

Could I get a link to your forums and the thread/forum where the birthday threads are opened so I can have a look at it.

Also please create a temporary user account that I can use to login to the forum to have a better look at it.

yes, but we will do this for 2 forums ok ? I would prefer to do this for tomorrow when im more awake, and thanks
(2009-10-12, 06:24 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-11, 10:53 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]

yes, but we will do this for 2 forums ok ? I would prefer to do this for tomorrow when im more awake, and thanks

Are you and spinning the same person?? Just wondering coz earlier on I asked spinning to check something and you responded, again now I asked spinning for the forum links and you're responding Huh
(2009-10-03, 10:38 AM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]I have got two problems with this plugin.

Enable Wishing Happy Birthday is YES but I do not see the button.

A new thread for the same birthday is open two times.

(2009-10-04, 08:13 AM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]I am 100% sure I add the images on the right place in the images/language directory.
Perhaps I miss the code to show it there.

(2009-10-06, 04:25 PM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]I allready was afraid that $post[\'button_bday\'] was not in my postbit or postbit classic template.
Where exactly do I add it.

(2009-10-07, 10:25 AM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]$post[\'button_bday\'] or {$post[\'button_bday\']} don't work, I get an error message for every post that is in the thread.

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /usr/home/deb4195/domains/ikf-forum.eu/public_html/inc/functions_post.php(616) : eval()'d code on line

In the example I saw that also the persons who wish you a happy birthday will be showed, this is also not vissible.

I test it on a person who got his birthday today as a normal user (not as admin).

(2009-10-10, 08:15 AM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]It still do not work.

Update to spinning's problem above:

We've been working through PMs and have finally resolved the issues.

To start with, the bulk of the issue was a misunderstanding of how the plugin works. spinning was under the impression that the birthday button would show on all the posts that a birthday user makes on their birthday and not just the birthday thread/post that was created on the day of the birthday. (This, however, did give me an idea for a future feature Wink )

Apart from that while trying to get it to work for spinning I did find a few bugs to do with the postbit_classic and ended up adding some checks including fallbacks if the buttons weren't found. All these included in the next release of the plugin.
I download your plugin it sayes 2.0 in plugin list but download says 2.1 goto update plugins and takes me to the same one 2.1 but installs as 2.0
yes noticed this to
(2009-10-16, 07:27 PM)Howman Wrote: [ -> ]I download your plugin it sayes 2.0 in plugin list but download says 2.1 goto update plugins and takes me to the same one 2.1 but installs as 2.0

(2009-10-16, 09:59 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]yes noticed this to

Fixed in next release.

I'm currently testing the release and once done it'll be released here, expect in the next couple of days.
BUG:

Sometimes birthday threads are added more as one time (for the same persons)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15