MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4/1.6] Its My Birthday! (Update: v2.2 Released)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2009-07-12, 11:51 AM)TStarGermany Wrote: [ -> ]very nice, ill test it tonight.

update:hm
the download link page throws an error ...

Invalid Download
The download you are attempting to view appears to be invalid.

(2009-07-12, 12:24 PM)bomfile Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-12, 11:51 AM)TStarGermany Wrote: [ -> ]very nice, ill test it tonight.

update:hm
the download link page throws an error ...

Invalid Download
The download you are attempting to view appears to be invalid.

the same can not be switched.

That is due to the validation process. I uploaded the updated version but its still awaiting validation and while its waiting validation, the old link throws that error.

Anyways, for those who can't wait for validation can download it from this alternate location:

http://g33k.host-ed.net/

EDIT: Plugin has been validated. Link works now.

(2009-07-05, 04:15 PM)armin_syah Wrote: [ -> ]i love the birthday plug in...

another questions...
did someone know where is the plug in for viewing "Users browsing this thread" ???
i already ask the creator of Happy Birthday today about this plug in seems he is very clever to create happy birthday plug in...

I need the plug in for "Users browsing this thread" so that i can know who is viewing this thread.
Mybb only give the standard one,
the plug in mybb give all of us is "Users browsing this forum" that only view the forums,
not the thread...

i need the "Users browsing this thread",
can anyone answer for me before the BIRTHDAY man answer ???
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-52800.html
idea1:
add the option to change a thread's name automatically when a new user(s) has birthday. this way you can already see from the "new posts" who has birthday today.

idea2:
add the option to chose, whether all users get a pm/mail/thread/post, or only the ones who have a positive post count (1+ or higher than x)

idea3:
instead of giving out a simple name in a thread/post, you could display a little profile for every user whose birthday it is, with avatar, name under it and joined date.. something like that...
lol error ^^
the plugin writes the wrong birthday into the post/thread..

user turned 20 today, plugin wrote 19th birthday into the post ^^
(2009-07-19, 03:42 AM)TStarGermany Wrote: [ -> ]idea1:
add the option to change a thread's name automatically when a new user(s) has birthday. this way you can already see from the "new posts" who has birthday today.

idea2:
add the option to chose, whether all users get a pm/mail/thread/post, or only the ones who have a positive post count (1+ or higher than x)

idea3:
instead of giving out a simple name in a thread/post, you could display a little profile for every user whose birthday it is, with avatar, name under it and joined date.. something like that...

Idea2 has already been implemented and will be available in the next version released. I'll look in to ideas 1 and 3

(2009-07-20, 07:10 PM)TStarGermany Wrote: [ -> ]lol error ^^
the plugin writes the wrong birthday into the post/thread..

user turned 20 today, plugin wrote 19th birthday into the post ^^

I couldn't reproduce this bug. I just double checked, created a user with a date of birth of 20-7-1989 and the plugin correctly opened thread for 20th birthday. I also checked post and it added post to a thread with the correct age.

Also, the age calculation is not handled by the plugin, I used MyBB's internal get_age function which afaik is bug-free.
I can't think of how such an error could occur. I've looked through the code again and haven't found anything that could cause that.
^^ Could I have the URL to your board so I can have a look at it to try and understand why/how the wrong age bug came about?
start here:
http://forum.tm-creative.org/thread-1675...l#pid14066 (i had manually corrected the birthdays of the first posts)

Happy Birthday Bara on your 19th birthday today! Enjoy!
http://forum.tm-creative.org/user-61.html
Date of Birth: 07-20-1989 (20 years old)

Happy 40th Birthday to raaw68!
user profile: http://forum.tm-creative.org/user-2760.html
Date of Birth: 07-21-1968 (41 years old)

Happy 15th Birthday to Ke_Kuakoa!
user profile: http://forum.tm-creative.org/user-3164.html
Date of Birth: 07-21-1993 (16 years old)

so the plugin is always making the user 1 year too young :ß

use this login
user "testuser", pw "testuser", this way you can see the user profiles.
Ok after looking in to this further, I think I have pinpointed where the problem is. The problem is coming about due to different timezones and daylight saving settings.

I've attached an updated file of the plugin, overwrite it with the existing plugin file in your /inc/plugins folder, you do not have to deactivate or uninstall just overwrite it and let me know if it fixes the problem so that I can update the plugin downloads with this plugin.
i will test it, maybe take a bit until next public birthday is posted
well.. i wanted to wait till the next birthday came... it came and the plugin didn't post anything x,x
i double checked every single setting but nothing happens x,x

UPDATE:OOOPS
the plugin just posted the correct birthday/age (at 2:00 a.m. instead of midnight x,x)
(2009-07-27, 11:58 PM)TStarGermany Wrote: [ -> ]well.. i wanted to wait till the next birthday came... it came and the plugin didn't post anything x,x
i double checked every single setting but nothing happens x,x

UPDATE:OOOPS
the plugin just posted the correct birthday/age (at 2:00 a.m. instead of midnight x,x)

Yeah I resorted to using UTC time to make sure the age stays in sync. In the next version however, the plugin will run at midnight, using whatever timezone mybb is set to default at, and it will take in to consideration dst. I don't have an eta for the release, but it should be coming soon.
i have an idea Big Grin

how if the plugin send a "Birthday Card"?
maybe it will say "You have a Birthday Card!"

and we can customize the Birthday Card with our background image.

hmm.. sound interesting huh? Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15