MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4/1.6] Its My Birthday! (Update: v2.2 Released)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2009-10-04, 01:38 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]Enter the ID of the thread opener in the next field ?

can you explain to me what i put this for ?

is this the group id ?

That is very self explanatory, I don't know how it can be made any clearer than that. Enter the User ID of the thread opener. If you want the thread opener to be you, enter your user id. There are numerous ways to find out your user id either from usercp, admin cp or just from your profile.

(2009-10-04, 08:13 AM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]I am 100% sure I add the images on the right place in the images/language directory.
Perhaps I miss the code to show it there.

The code should have been added in the template automatically when you activated the plugin. Check the postbit template for $post[\'button_bday\']

On second thought, is this problem with you only or with all the users?
I ask because heres how the plugin works: The wishing button is NOT shown to those who can't reply in the thread AND the thread opener, so if you set yourself as the thread opener you will not see the button. Same thing with the remove wishes button, you will not see it if removing wishes is disabled or you are not allowed to edit or reply or if you are the thread opener.

(2009-10-04, 01:35 PM)Rafael Wrote: [ -> ]Its a nice plugin, but why we cant use HTML in email content? is for security reasons?

HTML has been on a to-do list and will be done in a future revision...hopefully soon.
(2009-10-06, 12:53 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]HTML has been on a to-do list and will be done in a future revision...hopefully soon.

Ok Thanks.

And what about an Option of PM+Email at the same time?
I allready was afraid that $post[\'button_bday\'] was not in my postbit or postbit classic template.
Where exactly do I add it.
the button birthday is already i think in the emotions but im not 100% sure
(2009-10-06, 12:44 PM)Rafael Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-06, 12:53 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]HTML has been on a to-do list and will be done in a future revision...hopefully soon.

Ok Thanks.

And what about an Option of PM+Email at the same time?

PM+Email seems overkill to me but if theres alot of requests for it, I have no problems with including it.
(2009-10-06, 04:25 PM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]I allready was afraid that $post[\'button_bday\'] was not in my postbit or postbit classic template.
Where exactly do I add it.

You can place it next to any other button you want. By default it should have placed it before the edit button $post[\'button_edit\']

(2009-10-06, 05:00 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]the button birthday is already i think in the emotions but im not 100% sure

huh??Huh
$post[\'button_bday\'] or {$post[\'button_bday\']} don't work, I get an error message for every post that is in the thread.

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /usr/home/deb4195/domains/ikf-forum.eu/public_html/inc/functions_post.php(616) : eval()'d code on line

In the example I saw that also the persons who wish you a happy birthday will be showed, this is also not vissible.

I test it on a person who got his birthday today as a normal user (not as admin).
(2009-10-07, 10:25 AM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]$post[\'button_bday\'] or {$post[\'button_bday\']} don't work, I get an error message for every post that is in the thread.

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /usr/home/deb4195/domains/ikf-forum.eu/public_html/inc/functions_post.php(616) : eval()'d code on line

Sorry, I was copy pasting from the plugin's code and there the quotes are escaped but since you're adding it straight in to your template you don't need to escape the quotes.

Enter it as follows:
{$post['button_bday']}
It still do not work.
(2009-10-10, 08:15 AM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]It still do not work.

be aware
			// Show no button for poster or bdayboy or disabled wishes_removable
			$post['button_bday'] = '';

Is any of this conditions forfilled ?
I do not know what you mean exactly but the person who had today his birthday is showed in the today birthdays list so think it must show up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15