MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4/1.6] Its My Birthday! (Update: v2.2 Released)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2009-11-14, 08:06 PM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]BUG:

Sometimes birthday threads are added more as one time (for the same persons)

So far I've not heard of this problem from anyone else other than you. I have not been able to replicate this problem on any of my tests. I have looked in to the code and not seen how this could be happening.

Could you PM or post here the links to the duplicate threads if it happens again? Don't delete the duplicate threads till I have a look at them.
it happened in my forum once.. the first time, it was posted at 01:00 and then again at 02:00
I want to ask you a question,when I use the button to wish happy birthday my name shows like this....screenshot below..

[Image: 2217pf.png]

But actually in the forum,we have icons before the username & proper formatting to each groups--like this screenshot below..

[Image: 2r3z2ma.png]

But in the first picture use can see that the icons & the formatting not showing in the "The following users wish sukak2r2 a Happy Birthday" section. Can it be solved?? I want your help in this matter.
(2009-11-15, 09:44 AM)tech2game Wrote: [ -> ]I want to ask you a question,when I use the button to wish happy birthday my name shows like this....screenshot below..

[Image: 2217pf.png]

But actually in the forum,we have icons before the username & proper formatting to each groups--like this screenshot below..

[Image: 2r3z2ma.png]

But in the first picture use can see that the icons & the formatting not showing in the "The following users wish sukak2r2 a Happy Birthday" section. Can it be solved?? I want your help in this matter.

The current version of the plugin doesn't format the usernames. I'll include this feature in the next release.
Hi
I downloaded the birthday plug in and it is great - however, I have the same problem as the poster quoted below.

(2009-07-20, 07:10 PM)TStarGermany Wrote: [ -> ]lol error ^^
the plugin writes the wrong birthday into the post/thread..

user turned 20 today, plugin wrote 19th birthday into the post ^^

I saw your response, see below, and that you gave that person a file to overwrite.

(2009-07-21, 09:06 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Ok after looking in to this further, I think I have pinpointed where the problem is. The problem is coming about due to different timezones and daylight saving settings.

I have looked in the code, and its all perfectly logical - I think it is because the plugin runs at 00:00 hours maybe? Will there be another update to help fix this issue, or will there be some code that I need to change myself? I would appreciate any help you can give.

thanks

Lee
(2009-11-29, 01:27 AM)leesester Wrote: [ -> ]Hi
I downloaded the birthday plug in and it is great - however, I have the same problem as the poster quoted below.

(2009-07-20, 07:10 PM)TStarGermany Wrote: [ -> ]lol error ^^
the plugin writes the wrong birthday into the post/thread..

user turned 20 today, plugin wrote 19th birthday into the post ^^

I saw your response, see below, and that you gave that person a file to overwrite.

(2009-07-21, 09:06 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Ok after looking in to this further, I think I have pinpointed where the problem is. The problem is coming about due to different timezones and daylight saving settings.

I have looked in the code, and its all perfectly logical - I think it is because the plugin runs at 00:00 hours maybe? Will there be another update to help fix this issue, or will there be some code that I need to change myself? I would appreciate any help you can give.

thanks

Lee

I have been planning on releasing the updated version of this but due to time constraints I haven't had as much time to fully test all the fixes I made. I will try and push this out soon, hopefully in the next few days. As far as I have tested, the new version that I'll release has that problem with wrong birthdays fixed.
(2009-11-14, 10:30 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]

So far I've not heard of this problem from anyone else other than you. I have not been able to replicate this problem on any of my tests. I have looked in to the code and not seen how this could be happening.

Could you PM or post here the links to the duplicate threads if it happens again? Don't delete the duplicate threads till I have a look at them.

http://www.ikf-forum.eu/showthread.php?tid=7010
http://www.ikf-forum.eu/showthread.php?tid=7011
Love the plugin its working just fine, well sort of..

I'm sure this is the timezone thingie.. but all my user's are in the same timezone.

Anyways. Lets say user has birthday tomorrow on Dec 10th. At 5pm tonight the thread is posted wishing them a happy birthday. This is -7 hours from GMT time and -7 hours from midnight when it should post. I'm in MST time -7 hours GMT time. Its not a big deal, just wanted to let you know.

Thanks
how to use the unistaller to upgrade or do we need to unistall it before upgrading?
(2009-12-09, 02:31 PM)spinning Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-14, 10:30 PM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]

http://www.ikf-forum.eu/showthread.php?tid=7010
http://www.ikf-forum.eu/showthread.php?tid=7011

I'll look in to it and see what I can do

(2009-12-09, 03:16 PM)dpdurst Wrote: [ -> ]Love the plugin its working just fine, well sort of..

I'm sure this is the timezone thingie.. but all my user's are in the same timezone.

Anyways. Lets say user has birthday tomorrow on Dec 10th. At 5pm tonight the thread is posted wishing them a happy birthday. This is -7 hours from GMT time and -7 hours from midnight when it should post. I'm in MST time -7 hours GMT time. Its not a big deal, just wanted to let you know.

Thanks

Yeah in one of the bug fixes I started using GMT time for more of testing purposes to get over the different time zones issue. I have since moved on and the plugin will use whatever timezone you've set in the admin config. I hope to release that working copy soon...

(2009-12-09, 11:41 PM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]how to use the unistaller to upgrade or do we need to unistall it before upgrading?

You do not need to use the uninstaller to upgrade. The uninstaller is only if you want to COMPLETELY remove the plugin along with all its stored data. To upgrade, its just deactivate/uninstall from the plugins menu, upload new files and activate again.

Again, my apologies to all for the delay in releasing the update to not only this plugin but all my plugins. I've been crazy busy past couple of weeks and it just got worse but I hope to get to the plugins soon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15