MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Social Groups 2.1 Now with SEO Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(2014-10-17, 02:49 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Moderators have it because part of their job as a moderator is to ensure all posts follow the rules.

What if we do not want the Moderators to monitor private group threads? Is it possible to disable this feature?
Then you have to know PHP. What I suggest is either coding as plugin yourself for that or requesting one because it is not a feature I intend on adding. When I coded SocialGgroups I did use hooks so it can be extended that way. You can try hooking to groupthread_start or groupthread_post_post.
Thanks for the advice, I'm really a beginner in PHP but will give it a shot. Probably come back with some questions though ;]

Cheers
I might be able to make this easier in the next version also as it seems I should have another hook before actually fetching the posts.
Hello dear.
I have few suggestion along with some bugs reporting for this plugin and if you can add these features in next update it will be great.

Bugs
1. lay out to almost all the pages is broken. You might be knowing this because when it saw it on your site (Demo Link) layout was also broken. So that needs to be fixed.

[attachment=32860]

2. there is not join button. By clicking which we can join any group. I tested it with all the joining permission and it does not show.
3. When creating / editing groups, we do not find any place where we can upload / add group image / logo. As we can not upload any image, therefore it does not show any image / logo in group's page. However settings are present in ACP

Suggestion :

1. Adding total group members in main page where all the groups are listed. Here is an image below which I edited with paint.

[attachment=32861]

2. Adding Team / Group info on postbit will be a good idea... Some thing like :
          My Groups : group a
                            group b
3.  If we could add some custom fields about group. Like - Location, Country, interests. I know for that purpose we can use description, but that will look bad if we add information in that. For this we can have some setting in ACP like.

Add Text Field - then add another text field. These fields will be global for all the members who create any group.

I am thinking on lines of using this plugin to make teams as of Xenforo and VB. Point 3 will be able to allow us to add some things like.. Country, Playing time, Aim etc...

I have basic knowledge of HTML so I will try to construct templates for broken page layout. When i am done I will inform you so that you can add that in actual plugin, this way I can help you save time.

Looking forward for a response from Developer. Smile

Edit : I saw in previous posts that you will be releasing it for 1.8 however I am using it on 1.6, so the bugs I reported above are from 1.6 except the broken layout thing, because lay is also broken for 1.8
Most of my time I've been spending working on the 1.8 version has been recoding the entire way some of it works. It will end up avoiding certain SQL errors that have been problems in the past.

The layout broke when I did an upgrade to my forum. I'm guessing one or more classes were changed.

Quote:2. there is not join button. By clicking which we can join any group. I tested it with all the joining permission and it does not show.

Some of the functions changed a bit in my 1.8 release so this may already be fixed.

Quote:3. When creating / editing groups, we do not find any place where we can upload / add group image / logo. As we can not upload any image, therefore it does not show any image / logo in group's page. However settings are present in ACP

I probably forgot to add a variable in a template.

Quote:1. Adding total group members in main page where all the groups are listed. Here is an image below which I edited with paint.

I can get that done in the next update.

Quote:2. Adding Team / Group info on postbit will be a good idea... Some thing like :
My Groups : group a
group b

Too server intensive to be core based on how it figures out the groups you are in. I think I already have a plugin hook for social group posts. If I don't, I will have one available in the 1.8 release.
Thanks dear, this will be very nice.
When can we expect this to be available for download ?
Also, will it ONLY for 1.8 or will it work with 1.6 as well ?
It is a big project and I have a full time job so I can only spend so much time on it. The new version will only be compatible with 1.8. Too much has changed and it is a huge pain to try and make it backwards compatible.
Hi there

I'm actually have some trouble using the plugin... I can create groups and post threads all fine, but I cant seem to find how to join a group! (No option to join when viewing group even though it's set to everyone can join)

I have not done any modifications to it, I've only changed the theme.

Please advise.

Thanks
(2014-10-28, 11:18 PM)inertia0 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi there

I'm actually have some trouble using the plugin... I can create groups and post threads all fine, but I cant seem to find how to join a group! (No option to join when viewing group even though it's set to everyone can join)

I have not done any modifications to it, I've only changed the theme.

Please advise.

Thanks

If you can read previous posts, like few posts above your's, you will see this issue regarding join button is already reported and author has committed to remove this and other few bugs in next update Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15