MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Social Groups 2.1 Now with SEO Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
It is a mess to edit. You'd have to find every instance of groups.php and change it to the new file name. I know there is spots in the PHP files; offhand I am not sure if the templates have any spots that need to be edited for that.

edit: After talking with a couple members here you can go to PHPMyAdmin and change where it says Collation under Structure for a table. Change that to be the same as the default tables. I will update this in the next version.
/delete
1. Can't edit (update) groups settings.
2. When creating group - there is 1 extra "Create Group" button.

Please add option to upload logo picture for each group.
Quote:1. Can't edit (update) groups settings.
Only the group creator can do that at this point. The link to do so is above all the threads in the group. If it still won't work for you, please provide me a link and I will check it out first hand.

Quote:2. When creating group - there is 1 extra "Create Group" button.
Will be fixed in next version.

Quote:Please add option to upload logo picture for each group.

Sure. I'll make the maximum file size settable in the Admin CP.
I have the Create Group button issue solved now. I also have the Add Thread button issue solved. I'm currently trying to rewrite the SQL Queries that create the tables so they should all be uft8 for a character set and utf8_unicode_ci for collation. I have one figured out so it should be easy to get the rest. I haven't messed around with getting file uploading done yet because I've had a busy day.

I also have a question I wanted to ask everyone. Would it be beneficial if I made a spot where it says your moderator permissions when viewing a group?
Quote:
(2011-09-27, 12:22 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ][quote]1. Can't edit (update) groups settings.
Only the group creator can do that at this point. The link to do so is above all the threads in the group. If it still won't work for you, please provide me a link and I will check it out first hand.

I mean, I can't edit group information even if I it's creator. When I try to change group name, group info, etc and save those changes - nothing happens. I can't provide link because it's local test server.

Quote:I also have a question I wanted to ask everyone. Would it be beneficial if I made a spot where it says your moderator permissions when viewing a group?

I don't really understand what you mean, but I think moderators must have ability to edit group settings. And I think it's good idea to give ability to group leader and supermods to change leader of a group (if he is missing, etc). Another idea - group announcements (1. announcement or latest news on group page (I think one text field would be enough). and 2 - ability to send pm's announcements to group users - but it's not necessary).

The leader may appoint one or two alternates, who will manage a group - that is, Several leaders of the groups.

Another limitation - only certain user groups (such as only those who have more than 30 posts on forum) can create social groups. And no more than 1-2 or groups for user (Limitation for amount of groups per user).
Quote:I mean, I can't edit group information even if I it's creator. When I try to change group name, group info, etc and save those changes - nothing happens. I can't provide link because it's local test server.

Odd, I'll look into it right away.

edit: Found an error. I had it go to the wrong page. Go to the group_edit template.
Replace the top line of the form with this:
<form action="{$settings['bburl']}/showgroup.php?gid={$gid}" method="post">

Quote:Another limitation - only certain user groups (such as only those who have more than 30 posts on forum) can create social groups. And no more than 1-2 or groups for user (Limitation for amount of groups per user).

I had considered having a usergroup permission on if it can create social groups. I'll get that included in the next release. It won't be a lot I have to change.

Quote:And no more than 1-2 or groups for user (Limitation for amount of groups per user).
Would you prefer this on a usergroup basis or same for everyone?

Quote:I don't really understand what you mean, but I think moderators must have ability to edit group settings.
Basically where it would normally show the forum rules in the lower left hand corner it would say what mod powers you have in that group. I will enable moderators to edit group settings in the next release.

Quote:Another idea - group announcements (1. announcement or latest news on group page (I think one text field would be enough).

If I am understanding you correctly, you want to have certain threads be announcements that show up on groups.php. Is that correct?

Quote:The leader may appoint one or two alternates, who will manage a group - that is, Several leaders of the groups.

It already supports multiple leaders.
and also user avatar on post..
The avatars already are in posts.
awesome work
I have been waiting for a plugin like this for such a long time now, great job.

I am however having a few issues, nothing major but the styling of the tables and things does not seem to be using the same as the rest of my forums theme.

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j458...roblem.png

All the tables cells and table border look different. Is the plugin using its own style or is it using for example thead, and trow1, trow2? Also is this something that could be fixed in a future update if it is something that can be fixed, or is there a template I can edit?

Overall great job though, really nice plugin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15