MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Social Groups 2.1 Now with SEO Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
hi Big GrinWink
thanks for the mod.

but I have this problem with SQL

[Image: rl97wi.jpg]

MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1267 - Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='
Query:
    SELECT g.*, u.*, ug.gid, ug.namestyle FROM mybb_socialgroups g LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (g.uid=u.uid) LEFT JOIN mybb_usergroups ug ON (u.displaygroup=ug.gid) WHERE g.leader=u.username

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.

someone can help me fix this error?
I have the same problem...
The attached file is a modified version of \inc\socialgroups.php that worked for me.

- Changed the php file to "UTF-8 without bin" (using Notepad++)

- Changed all instances of:
COLLATE = 'utf8_unicode_ci'
to
COLLATE = 'utf8_bin'

Thanks dragonexpert for free releasing this plugin - I hope you keep developing and adding more features to it Smile
Sorry for my late responsiveness to the thread. I was sick and had some other irl things come up.

@aglioeolio: Thanks for finding a way for it to work for more users. I'd like it other members are having SQL problems dealing with Collation to try his fix. If it works for you, let me know and I'll get it updated in the download.

Quote:Thanks dragonexpert for free releasing this plugin - I hope you keep developing and adding more features to it.

I wanted it for a long time and seen no plugin for it so I developed it. Originally I was not planning on publicly releasing it, but decided to since I don't think people should have to use paid forum software to get this kind of feature. Unfortunately I have not had a chance to work on it since the last release due to being sick and irl things coming up. Tomorrow I'll try and get some work done on it though. I'm not going to guarantee the next release date because my work recently fired someone and I've already been called to work once because they needed me to fill in.
thanks for the help and the plugin.

Big Grin
Smile

(gracias por la ayuda y por el plugin.)
I don't currently have screenshots.

You can find a live demo here though:
http://www.teamdimensional.net/forums/groups.php

Test Account Info
username: mybbtest
password: testuser
(2011-10-02, 12:17 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Go to PHPMyAdmin and manually change the collation under the Structure tab of the table. I think some people's web hosts handle things differently. I thought for sure I got the queries fixed in that update.

(2011-10-07, 07:20 PM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]The attached file is a modified version of \inc\socialgroups.php that worked for me.

Still didn't work -> http://forum.chatproxy.kao.pl/groups.php
(2011-10-09, 08:23 AM)Coen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-10-02, 12:17 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Go to PHPMyAdmin and manually change the collation under the Structure tab of the table. I think some people's web hosts handle things differently. I thought for sure I got the queries fixed in that update.

(2011-10-07, 07:20 PM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]The attached file is a modified version of \inc\socialgroups.php that worked for me.

Still didn't work -> http://forum.chatproxy.kao.pl/groups.php

The plugin itself (edited version) didn't even use "utf8_unicode_ci" anymore, that's not a possible bug.

Uninstall the plugin then Delete the file and upload again the right one with Filezilla or other trusted FTP Client
I've tested this on local host and have found many problems i will be unistalling it and wait for a fully working version if you'd like some more details i'll post them later as am rather busy at moment.
^ this.

the plugin (even with the collations changed) does nothing but throw SQL errors at me. i do not have hours to spend debugging this plugin.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15