MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Social Groups 2.1 Now with SEO Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
A few things i have found not to work:
I can't join groups no matter what i set the maximum allowed to join setting to even at the default 5 it says i need to leave groups before i can join the current one.
clicking on todays posts throws a sql error
the edit post button does nothing
can't find no way to delete groups that have been created.
and thats just a few of the issues i had while testing.
@adbrad Same here, cant join groups at all
Thanks a lot!
Link does not work. http://mods.mybb.com/view/social-groups
Invalid Download
The download you are attempting to view appears to be invalid.

Why?
dragonexpert where are you?
(2011-10-25, 11:39 AM)Hay_Den Wrote: [ -> ]Invalid Download
The download you are attempting to view appears to be invalid.

Why?

I had temporarily disabled it while I was trying to figure out the collation problem.

(2011-10-30, 11:26 AM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]dragonexpert where are you?

I ended up getting a second job and my grandma was really sick. I've been in and out of the hospital visiting her a lot recently. She ended up dying in the night Saturday while I was at work.

I attached a small file to convert all the social group tables to the collation and character set you specify. It is only accessible to those who have Admin CP access even though it isn't in the Admin CP. The file should be uploaded to the same directory as the rest of your forum files such as global.php.

I've fixed a couple bugs with the current version. I will try and get an update out before Thanksgiving. I'm not going to promise how big of an update it is. I am currently working on the Group CP. I'm not sure if I'll get everything into it that I want in the first release of it, but I'll do my best. I do have to work a lot next week.

1.6 Already fixes:
- The unable to join from being in too many groups
- Moderators and Admins not being able to view threads on a private group
- Fixes some errors where two commas somehow got combined in a row. This would trigger an SQL error 1064.
- Some errors on the approval status of a thread.

As always, the files on my forum are the ones with the update I am working on.
Thanks for the update as I've been looking forward to trying this out. One thing that I would suggest is maybe supporting a group image and making that optional unless that's supported already but from your demo, it doesn't appear so.

Also, sorry to hear that your grandmother died. Hope the best for your family.

(2011-11-17, 01:06 AM)PwnEm Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the update as I've been looking forward to trying this out. One thing that I would suggest is maybe supporting a group image and making that optional unless that's supported already but from your demo, it doesn't appear so.

Also, sorry to hear that your grandmother died. Hope the best for your family.

It is a planned feature, but I'm not positive if I'll get it done before Thanksgiving or not.

Edit: I update the first post with what is currently done and what isn't in the next update. I have to write the new templates for the Group CP yet, but that shouldn't be too difficult.
Thank you. If 1.6 works I will alter my rating Smile
Templates are now written. Tomorrow is probably the last day I'll be able to do a lot of work on before the holiday it since I am scheduled many hours next week. For sure I have to get the upgrade done, but group images might get pushed off until 1.7.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15