MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Social Groups 2.1 Now with SEO Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
You can edit the groupthread_post is the template that posts use. You may edit that to your liking. {$unapprovedshade} is the variable for if a post is approved or not. You can use whatever styling and CSS you want to make it however you think it looks best.
(2011-09-28, 02:56 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:And no more than 1-2 or groups for user (Limitation for amount of groups per user).
Would you prefer this on a usergroup basis or same for everyone?

I think usergroup basis would be better.

Quote:
Quote:I don't really understand what you mean, but I think moderators must have ability to edit group settings.
Basically where it would normally show the forum rules in the lower left hand corner it would say what mod powers you have in that group. I will enable moderators to edit group settings in the next release.

You mean forum moderators or social group's staff? Ah... and i think it's good idea to display at group page group's staff - name of it't leaders.

Quote:
Quote:Another idea - group announcements (1. announcement or latest news on group page (I think one text field would be enough).

If I am understanding you correctly, you want to have certain threads be announcements that show up on groups.php. Is that correct?

Mmm... I thought about just a simple information (Like group info for example - just another text info.) visible at group page only for it's users (if group is not public). Where it's leaders can update some additional info or news.
Quote:I think usergroup basis would be better.
Done.

Quote:Mmm... I thought about just a simple information (Like group info for example - just another text info.) visible at group page only for it's users (if group is not public). Where it's leaders can update some additional info or news.

I could get that arranged.

edit: completed

Quote:You mean forum moderators or social group's staff? Ah... and i think it's good idea to display at group page group's staff - name of it's leaders.

Will get done.
edit: completed

I am going to hold off on Group Images on this release. In exchange, I'm doing more work with the templates. I have it working using basically the postbit template with minor changes.

All that is left is for me to create an update so you won't lose all the data. I should have it done in a couple days, depending on how busy I am tonight and tomorrow. I have the live version of 1.5 running on my site, not that it is really active.
Iv got a feeling posts made in group pages cannot be edited.. There is an edit button but it doesn't bring up any way of editing the post.
I thought I had it set up to be below every reply. If you still don't see it, the part is called with {$edit}. In any case, I decided to change it to be above all the other posts in the thread, but still let you see the thread at the same time. I think I have my upgrade script done, but I need to test it to be sure it works. If all works fine, I will be submitting the next release tonight.Smile

edit: Upgrade script worked.
MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1267 - Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='
Query:
    SELECT g.*, u.*, ug.gid, ug.namestyle FROM mybb_socialgroups g LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (g.uid=u.uid) LEFT JOIN mybb_usergroups ug ON (u.displaygroup=ug.gid) WHERE g.leader=u.username

-> http://forum.chatproxy.kao.pl/groups.php

WTF?
Hello,

I recently downloaded your modification and it did not work. I was unable to change any group settings; they'd revert back to fully open without approval. Nothing could be edited, etc.
(2011-10-01, 05:41 PM)Coen Wrote: [ -> ]
MyBB SQL Error

SQL Error:
    1267 - Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='
Query:
    SELECT g.*, u.*, ug.gid, ug.namestyle FROM mybb_socialgroups g LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (g.uid=u.uid) LEFT JOIN mybb_usergroups ug ON (u.displaygroup=ug.gid) WHERE g.leader=u.username

-> http://forum.chatproxy.kao.pl/groups.php

WTF?

Go to PHPMyAdmin and manually change the collation under the Structure tab of the table. I think some people's web hosts handle things differently. I thought for sure I got the queries fixed in that update.

(2011-10-01, 09:17 PM)Shiro Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I recently downloaded your modification and it did not work. I was unable to change any group settings; they'd revert back to fully open without approval. Nothing could be edited, etc.
Forum url? It works for me.
(2011-10-02, 12:17 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Go to PHPMyAdmin and manually change the collation under the Structure tab of the table. I think some people's web hosts handle things differently. I thought for sure I got the queries fixed in that update.

All time the same thing. It did not help.
MyBB SQL Error

SQL Error:
1140 - Mixing of GROUP columns (MIN(),MAX(),COUNT(),...) with no GROUP columns is illegal if there is no GROUP BY clause
Query:
SELECT COUNT(sgid) as rows, uid FROM mybb_socialgroups WHERE uid = ''

Please contact the MyBB Group for support.
Seriously; this is around the third time I've had problems with your modification. I'm about to give it a bad rating and move on. Is there a fix?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15