MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Social Groups 2.1 Now with SEO Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Tip.: An admin can be putting an announce on a specific group or even better a group category like a Gamer Group and a Youtuber Group - inside this groups there's a lot of others groups.
Groups already have an announcement feature. I am in the process of doing categories. Each category has a setting for which usergroups can access groups in that category.
The next update I plan on releasing either Tuesday night or Wednesday with or without Google SEO support. There are some cosmetic changes that some of you will like. The member list will be grid style. I have it set to do 3 per row. groups.php the layout is adjusted a lot due to implementing categories. Images will be allowed to be uploaded for a group logo now as well. It should be noted that it still works fine with the 1.6.14 upgrade.
Love to see calendar tied into this, that would be awesome. I want to create sports fan groups within my site and having events would be great
I probably can't push it in the update that will go live by tomorrow evening, but I can try and push it in the release after that.
(2014-07-01, 01:17 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I probably can't push it in the update that will go live by tomorrow evening, but I can try and push it in the release after that.

excellent, if you need help let me know, Im really looking to push social groups as my forum has an offline element to it, and I would like to help build that also, tying in events is a good way in my opinion to get that done
I am not able to incorporate the Google SEO Plugin with it. I've been working on my own method for url rewriting. Right now its spotty. It works fine on groups.php, but the breadcrumb links in showgroup.php and groupthread.php are not being converted correctly. I'm not pushing the updating to GitHub until I get url rewrites completely perfect.

Edit: I have SEO Urls working now. All I have left for this release is to deal with the upgrade script and the new install script.
I have updated the download on the Mods Site. SEO Urls and Categories are the main new features to this update. If the upgrade script doesn't work correctly, please let me know.
I was looking at how to do a calender tie-in. I was thinking about doing this, one way that we could do this. It looks like we can easily create calendars and make them private for a group, but these are mybb permissions groups, so I may look at tying into this or seeing if I can add an extra layer on top, otherwise I will look to add a new event calendar, I think it could be a really powerful thing to add
Categories have permissions as to who can view that category. Perhaps use that category cache? We can also add a column to calendars for categories to accomplish this.
function socialgroups_calendar()
{
global $mybb, $db, $calendar;
require_once MYBB_ROOT . "/inc/class_socialgroups.php";
$socialgroups = new socialgroups();
$viewablecategories = $socialgroups->get_viewable_categories($mybb->user['usergroup'], $mybb->user['additionalgroups']);
if(!in_array($calendar['category'], $viewablecategories))
{
error_no_permission();
}
// something else
}
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15