MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Social Groups 2.1 Now with SEO Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Hope to see the download soon :3
Version 1.6 is now pending approval.
Do you have an alternate download location until it is approved?
I have now attached it to this post. I will delete the attachment once it gets approved.

If you have uninstalled it already, upload the new files then reinstall it. If you get the SQL error about table collation go to www.yourforumsurl/collateconvert.php. Type in the collation and character set your mybb_users table uses and click the submit button and it should work.

For upgrading, deactivate the plugin first. Upload the new files. Activate the plugin. Then run the upgrade file.
SQL Error:
1140 - Mixing of GROUP columns (MIN(),MAX(),COUNT(),...) with no GROUP columns is illegal if there is no GROUP BY clause
Query:
SELECT COUNT(sgid) as rows, uid FROM mybb_socialgroups WHERE uid = '

Error occurs on creation of a group. This is getting really frustrating. I had that error in 1.5 too.
offending code in groups php seems to be:
if ($action==create)
{
        $plugins->run_hooks("group_creation");
        $query = $db->simple_select("socialgroups", "COUNT(sgid) as rows, uid", "uid = '$uid'");
        $rows = $db->fetch_field($query, "rows");
Oddly enough I found this in showthread.php
$query = $db->simple_select("threads", "COUNT(tid) AS threads", "fid = '$fid' $visibleonly $uid_only", array('limit' => 1));

It doesn't use a group by clause as far as I am aware, thus I didn't think it would need it. I'll just rewrite that query fast.

I think it could just be rewritten as
$query = $db->simple_select("socialgroups", "*", "uid = '$uid'");
$rows = $db->num_rows($query);

Try that and see if it works. if it does, I'll update the zip file.

I didn't know about the error because it worked fine on my site.
Your modification fixed group creation; however, I noticed a few more issues (I added you on Skype BTW)

GroupCP does not work very well; group ID parameter isn't filled in when deleting a group, so the deletion never occurs. If you manually supply the correct group ID in the URL; deletion works fine. Groups seem to count from one, perhaps the GroupCP is counting from zero? Not sure where the error is coming from.

sgid parameter is blank all together on deletion button click.

Also, 'delete all groups' doesn't work either.

Also, in many cases, a blank redirection dialog box shows up above the group listing when it redirects you back to the group in other cases; could this be made totally invisible or filled in? I'm also not sure why the group listing shows up on the creation page and so forth.
Also; perhaps make the create group and edit group form a little neater by placing it in a table of sorts?

Just a few simple suggestions. Sorry if I seem picky.
Delete all you have to hit yes both times. I should've mentioned that. Fixed the SQL query in the zip file. I also fixed delete groups and updated the attachement. Cosmetic issues will be addressed in 1.7.
Suggestions for 1.7
- Integration with NewPoints (cost to create a group, group owners can charge a join fee).
- Group Membership display in profile (limited amount, and a view all link)
- Neater member listing (grid style, perhaps?)
- Block list (prevents join requests from blocked users)
- Fix SQL error caused by attempted removal of group leader.
Quote:SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') ORDER BY u.username' at line 4
Query:
SELECT u.*, ug.* FROM mybb_users u LEFT JOIN mybb_usergroups ug ON (u.displaygroup=ug.gid) WHERE u.uid IN(1,,) ORDER BY u.username
- Ability to give users titles within your group.
- Ability to make a group 'invite only' and/or hidden from the listing.
- Maximum amount of groups a member is allowed to join/own (editable setting).
I'll look into that SQL error. I haven't had it before so I'll see what I can do. I think I forgot to have it check for a double comma on that page which I have it check for in the group CP. To fix, open phpmyadmin and remove the extra comma.
Edit: I managed to get that error fixed.

Quote:Suggestions for 1.7
- Integration with NewPoints (cost to create a group, group owners can charge a join fee).
- If hooks need to be added in a certain location for this to work, the author of the NewPoints plugin will have to tell me where they need hooks. Without knowing where I have to have them, I won't be able to have it integrate perfectly.
Quote:- Group Membership display in profile (limited amount, and a view all link)
I'll try and do that. Hopefully I'll be successful.
Quote:- Neater member listing (grid style, perhaps?)
I'm not great with designing of templates, but I can try.
Quote:- Block list (prevents join requests from blocked users)
I have an option for groups to require approval to join. There is an ignore request link. If it still shows requests after hitting that, let me know and I can look into fixing that.
Quote:- Fix SQL error caused by attempted removal of group leader.
Done and reuploaded file now because SQL errors are the worst to deal with.
Quote:- Ability to give users titles within your group.
If you mean to set their default usertitle to what the default is for that group, I could try, but it might be buggy.[/quote]
Quote:- Ability to make a group 'invite only' and/or hidden from the listing.
Hidden yeah I could do, but then who is suppose to be able to view it without going into the Group CP? Admins only?, Mods and Admins?
Quote:- Maximum amount of groups a member is allowed to join/own (editable setting).

This is configurable by usergroup in the Admin CP under the Users and Permissions setting of Edit Group.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15