MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Yii framework
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
At this time it does not look like we'll be using Yii. Anything can change at any time. We'll make a blog post about our final decisions closer to the time,
(2013-06-15, 05:50 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]At this time it does not look like we'll be using Yii. Anything can change at any time. We'll make a blog post about our final decisions closer to the time,

I am waiting for the good news..
waiting for previous contributor authors happy..
happy and continuing their free/paid Support easily...
more happy because does not need to learn new Yii way's..
Mybb become more independence platform with hundreds of plugins that free to chooce.

for me.. My Personally opinion "few people (less than 10) make a hard work using Yii, does not look better than hundreds of people contributing and make MyBB more Solid from the Time of Time - without learn Yii..." Smile
(2013-06-15, 09:50 PM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-15, 05:50 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]At this time it does not look like we'll be using Yii. Anything can change at any time. We'll make a blog post about our final decisions closer to the time,

I am waiting for the good news..
waiting for previous contributor authors happy..
happy and continuing their free/paid Support easily...
more happy because does not need to learn new Yii way's..
Mybb become more independence platform with hundreds of plugins that free to chooce.

for me.. My Personally opinion "few people (less than 10) make a hard work using Yii, does not look better than hundreds of people contributing and make MyBB more Solid from the Time of Time - without learn Yii..." Smile

While we won't be using Yii, we still still be using an MVC framework.
that's no problem Paul.
at least, independencies in our hands Smile
our problem is MyBB problem, not 3rd party problem become ours.
(2013-06-15, 05:50 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]At this time it does not look like we'll be using Yii.

Too bad. Why is that?
(2013-06-18, 07:29 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-06-15, 05:50 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]At this time it does not look like we'll be using Yii.

Too bad. Why is that?

Things like Laravel have taken the PHP community by storm, and IMO Laravel is much more readable and elegant than other frameworks like Yii... Idk if 2.0 will use Laravel (think it might have been hinted before), but I was just giving an example.
(2013-06-18, 07:29 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]

Too bad. Why is that?

There are a wide range of options, and many team members have expressed interest in other frameworks. As MyBB is used by millions of people it's all about what's right for the project and its future.
Did anybody yet look at YII 2.0? It has some nice features and is quite different from 1.X - in a good way.
(2014-01-22, 11:49 AM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]Did anybody yet look at YII 2.0? It has some nice features and is quite different from 1.X - in a good way.

Quote:Yii 2.0 is a complete rewrite of Yii on top of PHP 5.4.0.

At minimum we would like MyBB 2.0 to use PHP 5.3. Our stats tell us that that only a small amount of installations are using PHP 5.4+. At this time it looks like our best candidate is Laravel, as have been mentioned in the past. Our main priority at the moment is 1.8 so nothing is final until 1.8 is gold and we have the time to think about 2.0.
2.0 is so far off that discussing frameworks is fairly pointless right now IMO. PHP is iterating at a tremendous rate (as are frameworks such as Laravel) and the landscape will likely have changed fairly dramatically by the time we come to developing properly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23