MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Yii framework
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
We used to run Redmine/SVN on the server and nobody ever contributed. The idea of moving to GitHub was to make it more clear how the system works and to attract more people into contributing.

The idea of posting on the community is so that ideas can be discussed and referenced more easily rather than having to post on GitHub (or even to make a GitHub account if you just need to report a bug). I know it can be frustrating, but at the minute that's just the way things are. We may rethink it for 2.0, I don't know.
@Euan T
thanks again for the answers Big Grin

(2014-09-02, 09:28 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]The idea of posting on the community is so that ideas can be discussed and referenced more easily rather than having to post on GitHub (or even to make a GitHub account if you just need to report a bug). I know it can be frustrating, but at the minute that's just the way things are. We may rethink it for 2.0, I don't know.

Yeah, I kinda understand why a lot of the decisions were made, I just feel they should be re-thought come 2.0 after seeing the current processes in action.
i.e. say there is a typo in a language string, the current process is to create a forum thread reporting it, wait until it is "pushed" to Github (re-wording that to accepted or confirmed or something may reduce some confusion I've seen due to the fact Git itself uses push) then, if I have made the changes myself, send a pull request for the bug, but being such a minor change that is a lot of hoops to jump through when a straight pull request would be fine.

Also this is entirely off-topic now woo, Laravel
I don't disagree, and it's definitely something that we will discuss as 2.0 development starts up. Team members have to go through the same process too, so we know how annoying it can be Toungue
I think every change needs an issue (documentation...), even a typo, but certainly the process of posting here, waiting till the issue has been pushed to github and then sending the pull request is quite annoying.

Maybe you could allow posting issues on github, case the poster has a pull request ready... (in this case it is probably really a bug that could be fixed with chaning one line of code^^)
(2014-09-03, 10:02 AM)Nik101010 Wrote: [ -> ]I think every change needs an issue (documentation...), even a typo, but certainly the process of posting here, waiting till the issue has been pushed to github and then sending the pull request is quite annoying.

Maybe you could allow posting issues on github, case the poster has a pull request ready... (in this case it is probably really a bug that could be fixed with chaning one line of code^^)

for me not has problem the need to post on the forum...
The problem is depending on the case, the wait is over a month to issue pushed in github.
The delay is such that often i lose the will in contribute.

Another thing that irritated enough is the list of new features. Things that were already confirmed almost left behind.
I understand that had exchange leading developer. But even so, the things that were confirmed should be a priority and not as contrary occurred.
And another thing that should change is suggestion for new features, the suggestion of new features should be locked before the first beta.

And this folder should be more organized. It's a mess that no one understands anything. It has 27 pages and and many have been incorporated into 1.8.

This folder should have sub-folder as a suggestion accepted, rejected suggestion, feature already built etc, make easy to stay what to expect and also facilitate collaborators to know what kind of PR for new feature can be done and what can not be done.
(2014-09-03, 12:07 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is depending on the case, the wait is over a month to issue pushed in github.
Currently the whole team is busy with updating their plugins, forums and providing support here. When the first rush is over we'll probably be able to confirm new issues much faster.
(2014-09-03, 12:31 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]Currently the whole team is busy with updating their plugins, forums and providing support here. When the first rush is over we'll probably be able to confirm new issues much faster.

sorry...
but i don´t saying about current situation...
i saying about during the development of 1.8...
(2014-09-03, 12:07 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-03, 10:02 AM)Nik101010 Wrote: [ -> ]I think every change needs an issue (documentation...), even a typo, but certainly the process of posting here, waiting till the issue has been pushed to github and then sending the pull request is quite annoying.

for me not has problem the need to post on the forum...
The problem is depending on the case, the wait is over a month to issue pushed in github.
The delay is such that often i lose the will in contribute.

Another thing that irritated enough is the list of new features. Things that were already confirmed almost left behind.
I understand that had exchange leading developer. But even so, the things that were confirmed should be a priority and not as contrary occurred.
And another thing that should change is suggestion for new features, the suggestion of new features should be locked before the first beta.

And this folder should be more organized. It's a mess that no one understands anything. It has 27 pages and and many have been incorporated into 1.8.

This folder should have sub-folder as a suggestion accepted, rejected suggestion, feature already built etc, make easy to stay what to expect and also facilitate collaborators to know what kind of PR for new feature can be done and what can not be done.

Believe me or not, before Beta 1, we went through many internal changes that no one realized. Information was scattered throughout the forums, there was a lack of organization inside the project. Many things were discussed for days. We were able to correct those issues and thanks to that, we were able to release 1.8 this summer.
@Pirata Nervo: nothing in this world is perfect Toungue Sure - the current system works, but it can be improved^^
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23