MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: NEW - WYSIWYG Rich Text Editor (Build-in BBCode Editor) for MyBB 1.2.3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Hello!

The MOD zip file is available here http://ecardmax.com/index.php?step=Hoteditor2MyBB

Please report bug so I can make it better.

Best regards,
Thanks I'll test It and give you a report if I get any problem

Edit: I get the following error whene trying to insert emoctions ( I just done with the txt file and uploaded the richeditor folder to my root directory)
Notice: Use of undefined constant dirname - assumed 'dirname' in /www/1111mb.com/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb/richedit/show_it.php on line 24

Notice: Undefined index: step in /www/1111mb.com/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb/richedit/show_it.php on line 38

Notice: Undefined index: step_upload in /www/1111mb.com/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb/richedit/show_it.php on line 39

Notice: Undefined index: cat in /www/1111mb.com/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb/richedit/show_it.php on line 40

Notice: Undefined index: page in /www/1111mb.com/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb/richedit/show_it.php on line 41

Notice: Undefined variable: get_it in /www/1111mb.com/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb/richedit/show_it.php on line 66

Notice: Undefined variable: folder in /www/1111mb.com/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb/richedit/show_it.php on line 86

Notice: Undefined variable: drop_down_data in /www/1111mb.com/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb/richedit/show_it.php on line 90

Notice: Undefined variable: tmp_array in /www/1111mb.com/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb/richedit/show_it.php on line 271

Notice: Undefined variable: total_pic in /www/1111mb.com/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb/richedit/show_it.php on line 272

Notice: Undefined variable: new_day in /www/1111mb.com/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb/richedit/show_it.php on line 289

Notice: Undefined variable: new_3day in /www/1111mb.com/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb/richedit/show_it.php on line 303

Notice: Undefined variable: new_week in /www/1111mb.com/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb/richedit/show_it.php on line 303

Notice: Undefined variable: old_file in /www/1111mb.com/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb/richedit/show_it.php on line 303

Notice: Undefined variable: image_file in /www/1111mb.com/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb/richedit/show_it.php on line 334

Notice: Undefined variable: display_page_number in /www/1111mb.com/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb/richedit/show_it.php on line 346
Note: I using an arabic forum.
and elsso how can align the editor text area to be right to left?
Hi!

Add this code below to file richedit/show_it.php (after <?php ) to remove PHP Notice message

error_reporting('E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE');

how can align the editor text area to be right to left
--> Use Text editor to open editor.js and adjust

var mydirection ="ltr"; 

to

var mydirection ="rtl"; 

Regards,
hi, i dont' see the "read me" file... it seems like it wasn't in the zip... what do i do?
MadamZuZu Wrote:hi, i dont' see the "read me" file... it seems like it wasn't in the zip... what do i do?

Sorry - I forgot to include the readme file. You can re-download the zip file or read the Readme file below

Quote:## MOD Description: It's time to turn <textarea> into a powerful Rich Text HTML Editor.
Don't force your users to learn another set of markup tags.
With this MOD you can format your posts or Private message just like you would in MS. FrontPage!
Our Rich Text Editor will work on all popular browsers such as: IE - FireFox - Netscape - Opera 9x
Test our stand alone Rich Text Editor here: http://www.ecardmax.com/index.php?step=Hoteditor

## Quick Installation:
+ Upload folder [richedit] to mybb main (root) folder (same location with file announcements.php)
+ Upload file "set_default_editor.php" to mybb main (root) folder (same location with file announcements.php)

Use Text editor to open file "Hoteditor_Mod_MyBB.txt" and read the instruction inside.

## How to add your own Happyface - Word Art - Clipart images:
To add your own smileys icon, create new folder inside richedit/smileys/[NEW_FOLDER], then upload your image files to [NEW_FOLDER].
To add your own wordart image, create new folder inside richedit/wordarts/[NEW_FOLDER], then upload your image files to [NEW_FOLDER].
To add your own clipart image, create new folder inside richedit/cliparts/[NEW_FOLDER], then upload your image files to [NEW_FOLDER].
That's it

## To Show/Hide HotEditor buttons, edit file richedit/editor.js
For example to hide button [CUT] - use texteditor to open file editor.js and edit code
var btCut =0;
(0= HIDE | 1= SHOW)
You should download text editor program called Editplus: http://editplus.com - Use Editplus to edit *.php script and editor.js

## You may need to chmod 777 folder [upload] - path: richedit/upload so that user can upload image and insert it to your board
Edit file richedit/editor.js - set var btUpload =0; to disable upload feature.
Use this link to learn how to use FTP to chmod 777 files and folders
http://ecardmax.com/index.php?step=chmod
To limit user upload image size, edit file richedit/show_it.php

Good luck with you all.

Jimbo Hong
http://ecardmax.com
Support HelpDesk is here: http://ecardmax.com/ehelpmax (please submit new ticket to department HotEditor)
ok, i think it worked.
i can't insert smileys though. i get htis:
"Can't find folder smileys. Please check the way you call the script on browser."

also - i only have English in laguages, but you have a whole bunch of phps in the VK folder.
how do i get them to work?

Thanks!
also, i think i only want the rich editor when ppl press the "reply" button, not the quick reply or the private messages, can i do that?
MadamZuZu Wrote:i can't insert smileys though. i get htis:
"Can't find folder smileys. Please check the way you call the script on browser."

Try to edit file richedit/show_it.php - Use Text editor to open show_it.php - at line number 24 find code

$richedit_dir =$pathinfo[dirname];

REPLACE WITH

$richedit_dir ="../richedit";

Save file and try again. If still doesn't work then try to put the rootpath to folder richedit - something like this:

$richedit_dir ="/www/xxxx/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb/richedit";

Note: Replace /www/xxxx/m/y/b/mybb4a/htdocs/bb to yours

The php script files that you saw inside vk_code folder are used for Virtual Keyboard. You don't have to touch it.

This MOD was designed to replace textbox <textarea> to WYSIWYG editor. if you don't want to show WYSIWYG editor as quick reply and private message then re-use the original files showthread.php and private.php (file that before you installed the MOD)

Jim
you'r my hero Smile
Is it will work with mybb 1.2.3?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24