MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Downloads Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Sorry, I've been busy with school and other projects, and haven't had much time to check here...

The two most common causes for errors are not having any categories (I made a mistake in the installation script, and adding a category fixes it) and having a low max POST size (which is how I upload files). Another, less common cause for errors is now having the downloads folder write enabled. Most often, setting the permissions to '777' fixes it.
This is a great release, will help me allot in the future.
where I upload for add download page? and how can I add download link in download page.
I get this page (see attachment), I already tried to deactivate and activate it.. added categories and downloads.. turned off GZIP compression (which was off by default).. CHMOD the downloads folder to 777.. but nothing yet.

Anyone please? Sad
edit: I'm using MyBB 1.4.4
did you go to ACP -> Settings - "Download Manager" and checked that the first setting (Activated) is set to "Yes"?

Ori...
is there any way to hide downloads page from guests ? I mean in order for guests to download something they have to register .
also is there a way to get rid of preview part of the table???
With the preview you just need to edit the templates, which are under "Global" by default. Hiding certain downloads from certain groups will be available in the next version whenever I get around to finishing it.
which part of "global " should I edit ??? cant find it Sad

cuz I really need that Smile and btw

THANK YOU very much
There's a template 'set' called "Global Templates" or something like that. It's used in all themes where their template set doesn't already have those templates. My templates are in there, and I'm pretty sure you can guess which ones you need to edit.
You need to CREATE those templates under Global, not edit them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15