MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Downloads Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
I got it tnx , the only thing now is to hide it from guests Wink
I bug i also noticed is when i choose a category that has multiple pages (like the following: http://www.taktische-kuscheltiere.de/dow....php?cat=1) and I go to e.g. page 3 it displays page 3 of ALL downloads and not only the category. But as soon as I add "&cat=1" everything works just perfect.

Which php files do I have to edit (and how?) to make the downloads manager automatically add this postfix correcty. If this was working and I had the ability to change the order of downloads and categories this mod would be perfect.

@ Firestryke31: What do you think when the new version of the download manager will be released? Will it be able to "import" files from the old version? I ask this question because I have A LOT of files added to this and it would be nearly impossible to add all of them again.
I have no idea when I'll be able to release the new version of the plugin. So far all I really need to do is the AdminCP module, but I have a lot to do with school, and with developing a commercial product, so I don't know when I'll have time to finish it. It definitely will be able to import the old downloads, as that's one of the first things I made sure works.

You should edit the 'downloads.php' file in the base folder, but I'm afraid that ATM that's all I can help you with.

I'm considering asking someone for help to finish this plugin, because I don't want to keep people using the available (buggy) version for too long.
Hi, I have installed the mod, activated it and when I went to add a simple upload into a fresh category I got the following message (not sure if you have answered this already in the last 5 pages);

Warning [2] move_uploaded_file(/home/c717131/public_html/mybb//User_realisticgore.pk3) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied - Line: 42 - File: admin/modules/dlmngr/addnew.php PHP 5.2.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/admin/modules/dlmngr/addnew.php 42 move_uploaded_file
/admin/index.php 378 require

Warning [2] move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpYtDtHI' to '/home/c717131/public_html/mybb//User_realisticgore.pk3' - Line: 42 - File: admin/modules/dlmngr/addnew.php PHP 5.2.8 (Linux)
File Line Function
[PHP] errorHandler->error
/admin/modules/dlmngr/addnew.php 42 move_uploaded_file
/admin/index.php 378 require

Do you need any other info?

Thanks.
Is the folder you set the plugin to use write-enabled? Under a Unix/Linux-based server (which from that path I'm guessing it is) you should set the permissions to 777. Under the File Manager in CPanel (which many web hosts use) there's a number to the right. Click it and change it to 777.

I'd also suggest leaving the folder as 'downloads' so that not everyone and their dog can write stuff to your mybb folder if they find a security hole. Plus it keeps it all in one tidy location.

(The info above was guessed by the path, which did not include the 'downloads' folder. If it is incorrect, sorry...)
(2009-02-03, 03:25 AM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]Is the folder you set the plugin to use write-enabled?

I just used the install process that you wrote. Where did it say set the plugin to use a folder - where are my glasses - lol.
(2009-01-28, 07:22 PM)okitai Wrote: [ -> ]did you go to ACP -> Settings - "Download Manager" and checked that the first setting (Activated) is set to "Yes"?

Ori...
I don't have that setting. Did I forget to upload something?
I just found the options in the AdminCP > Configuration > Download Manager (4 options).

I set the downloads folder to CHMOD 777, should I also set the previews to CHMOD 777 as I still get the above message when trying to add the file?

One other thing that I noticed is the double forward slash in the error message that I posted above;
Warning [2] move_uploaded_file(/home/c717131/public_html/mybb//User_realisticgore.pk3)
Would this have an effect on the process? If so, how do I get rid of it?
(2009-02-03, 10:16 PM)Icy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-28, 07:22 PM)okitai Wrote: [ -> ]did you go to ACP -> Settings - "Download Manager" and checked that the first setting (Activated) is set to "Yes"?

Ori...
I don't have that setting. Did I forget to upload something?

You can also Activate your mod if you go to the AdminCP, click the Configuration heading and then Plugins on the left hand side. This should open the Plugins Control. Use the options to install, activate and deactivate your plugins here.
(2009-02-03, 08:01 PM)ToxinUK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-03, 03:25 AM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]Is the folder you set the plugin to use write-enabled?

I just used the install process that you wrote. Where did it say set the plugin to use a folder - where are my glasses - lol.

Oh, I thought you changed it. It actually sets the downloads folder by default, so all you need to do is make sure you have write permissions. And yes, I believe you need to have write permissions on the previews folder too, if you ever want to upload a preview.

One last question: Do you have enough free space for the file? Some hosts limit the amount of space you can use, and I don't know what happens if you try to upload more than you're allowed through this plugin.

This is exactly the reason I am not looking forward to the AdminCP module in 2.0. All of these special cases and whatnot, it's a PITA. And then on top of all of it, it has to be intuitive to use? That's difficult to do if you've been staring at the same thing for days on end and know how to get around subtle problems and limitations.
Firestryke31 - what about the double forward slashes, mentioned above?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15