MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Downloads Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
My plugin's categories are separate from the rest of the forum, so you'd have to create the categories for the downloads. Usually there are multiple downloads in a category, but on my site I'm still getting everything together.

With the missing downloads box, I want to extend my most sincere apologies, but I forgot to update the normal installation code to create the templates.

In adminCP->Templates & Style->Templates->Global Templates you need to create the following two templates:
downloads_categories
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" width="160">
<tr>
<td class="thead" colspan="2">
<strong>
{$lang->downloads_categories}
</strong>
</td>
</tr>
{$catlist}
</table>

and

downloads_categories_listbit
<tr class="{$bgcolor}">
<td>
<a href="downloads.php?cat={$catid}">
{$catname}
</a>
</td>
</tr>

Once again I would like to apologize for my lack of thorough testing.
Fire don't be so hard on your self. You don't have to do any of this for anyone. It's nice that your trying so relax Wink.
Thank you Firestryke31. As mentioned by others - it is great of you to do the work and to be so quick and contentious about followup. Alan
Hej- good download manager you did!
I have only one problem: I can't edit categories or change anything since there is no link in admin menu. I added your templates and now download section is completely there but sadly no edit possibility- the only thing I have in admin cp is settings -> download manager to put on and offline, set max. projects and that stuff.
Link to my board

Please help me out! Smile
Edit there's not any problem.

I have a question, Can i do the downloads page or links only abailable for registered user?
(2008-10-21, 08:35 PM)LS 134 Wrote: [ -> ]Hej- good download manager you did!
I have only one problem: I can't edit categories or change anything since there is no link in admin menu. I added your templates and now download section is completely there but sadly no edit possibility- the only thing I have in admin cp is settings -> download manager to put on and offline, set max. projects and that stuff.
Link to my board

Please help me out! Smile

There should be a link at the top(ish) part of the Admin CP (like where the "Templates and Styles" link is) when you activate the plugin. It should be on the right. Is it not there?

(2008-10-21, 10:46 PM)l2tecno Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem when i add a new project, in the sellection of preview and files, tell me i don't select a correct files.

sorry for my english

Are you trying to upload a new file? If you could post a screenshot of the error that would be nice. There are several causes for upload problems, one of which is when the file is too big.
Nope, there is no link in my admin cp. I searched whole admin cp and it's not here sadly Sad
Can you help me, maybe provide a direct link to it or check your plugin?

would be great, thanks in advantage.

EDIT: I missed the language files for german... just copied the english ones with renaming them to fit german.

Sorry for trouble, works fine now.

Did you think about user upload and member rights? would be cool!
It should be [insert your site here]/admin/index.php?module=dlmngr

Did you copy the admin folder from the zip too? That's the folder that contains the module.

Have you tried deactivating and reactivating the plugin?
I posted solution above Smile
Was language problem.
Maybe you want to include german language to your mod? Here is a quick translation to avoid problems I had Wink

I have the following suggestions for your great plugin:
For discussion - create a new thread with short overview about the mod.
Do some sort of user upload- members in my board should have the ability to upload files and add new projects.

Would be great man!

Keep coming and good luck!
You could translate and submit it as a Language Pack for my plugin. Someone's already done a Hungarian one, or something.

Shouldn't be too hard, there's only like 12 strings total, most of which are very similar.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15