MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Downloads Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
that's really useful plugin. are you working on updating this pluging? Smile
I have a few unrelated projects that I'm working on and would like to finish before working on this plugin some more. Hopefully, I'll finish them soon, but with school, there's no guarantees. I'm keeping all of the suggestions in this thread in mind, and hopefully someone will answer my thread in the Development forum.

@onel0ve: It seems that I can access the file, but my browser tries to show it like a text file. That looks to me to be a server configuration problem. I don't know how to fix it, and I'm just taking shots in the dark, but I'd look for something about MIME types in the server control panel (or whatever you use). I don't think it's a MyBB thing, or something with my plugin.

I'm sorry I couldn't help more. If you try it with a .zip file it might work.
Umm I requested this to be integrated with MyCredits(points mod made by nickman at mybb source) and he was wondering if you added hooks or he could redistribute modified files.

http://mybbsource.com/forums/thread-391.html

That's the post if you want to talk to him or just post here and I'll get it to him Wink.
(2008-10-01, 08:13 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a few unrelated projects that I'm working on and would like to finish before working on this plugin some more. Hopefully, I'll finish them soon, but with school, there's no guarantees. I'm keeping all of the suggestions in this thread in mind, and hopefully someone will answer my thread in the Development forum.

@onel0ve: It seems that I can access the file, but my browser tries to show it like a text file. That looks to me to be a server configuration problem. I don't know how to fix it, and I'm just taking shots in the dark, but I'd look for something about MIME types in the server control panel (or whatever you use). I don't think it's a MyBB thing, or something with my plugin.

I'm sorry I couldn't help more. If you try it with a .zip file it might work.

http://www.hackforums.net/downloads.php bro see this its have catory and its have without registry no one cant download
So you want it so that only logged in users can access the files? I thought you were having a problem where only logged in users can download the file. I'll add that to my ever-growing to do list.

I promise I will work on this project once I'm finished with the project I'm working on at iPodWizard.

I have a big to do list...
I've released an updated version of the plugin!

Updates for 1.1:
- Added some simple category support.
- Made selecting a forum in the manager easier.
- Fixed a bug where enabling GZIP compression in MyBB would cause the page to break.

Be sure to read the readme!

More to come, someday. Right now I need to get caught up in school and finish my site's theme.
You are going to be popular. Or at least I'll have a lot of respect for you Toungue.

I'll hopefully install this tomorrow. Thanks for Categories that just makes it perfect.
I originally just made it because I needed a place to put my iPod projects for the iPodWizard community to download, and there was nothing like it available at the time, so I sort of cobbled something together. I decided "Hey, I could let other people use this! There's no reason to deny others what I have just because I made it."

Like I said, this is my first PHP project, and before this the closest I had gotten was a pathetic attempt at a Perl/Apache::ASP forum.
wow great job. Im installing it right now and thanks for keeping it free.

hummm cant seem to download it.
Ah, it's revalidating...

I have it on my site if you don't want to wait...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15