MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyTracker 1.0.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
I see the problem. The contact link is wrong because you are inside the "tracker" folder and the contact link is set as "contact.php".

Go into the admincp and under General Configuration settings change the entry from contact.php to http://www.howman.ca/contact.php

That should fix the link. Normally plugins do not use subfolders for files.

If that doesn't work then open the footer template and hard code the link to be http://www.howman.ca/contact.php

And before...you did not have the tracker installed correctly. The functionality of contact and mytracker do not interfere with each other.
Thank You Very much that did it
(2009-10-20, 05:41 AM)Howman Wrote: [ -> ]Thank You Very much that did it

Actuly i am using IIS 7 and doing sit anlysis and it said i had to meay re directs so i was playing with google seo plugin at the time and messed up all the links big time
accourding to IIS 7 sit anlysis i had 3000 violation wit it on and 2757 when it was off and that why some links where messed up
It won't be a problem between redirects and IIS, it's simply a directory issue. MyTracker is one of a few that uses a different folder for the plugin, so it can cause a few problems; unfortunately, there isn't much I can do as that was the spec of the plugin.

It won't (or shouldn't) cause any conflicts with any plugins, as Labrocca points out. Links just need to be pointed back to the right folder... Shy
(2009-10-20, 07:39 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]It won't be a problem between redirects and IIS, it's simply a directory issue. MyTracker is one of a few that uses a different folder for the plugin, so it can cause a few problems; unfortunately, there isn't much I can do as that was the spec of the plugin.

It won't (or shouldn't) cause any conflicts with any plugins, as Labrocca points out. Links just need to be pointed back to the right folder... Shy
yea still learning now if you ask how to get your forum back up and running on a server you run from home(IIS7) after you formatt i think i got that covered you learn quick after a few times lololololToungue
Here one i was restoring my data base now that i had a fresh fourm i got this

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'developer' in 'where clause'
Query:
SELECT uid, username FROM mybb_users WHERE developer = '1' ORDER BY uid ASC

Now is this easy to fix
I found it took me a while to find out where i had to go in phpmyadmin but i got it
I finly decied to use iis 7.5 rewrite modual and i ge errors with to of the rewrites so i have them disabled for now here is the errors i got
Http error 500.50 - url rewrite module error
1. the expression "^project-([0-9])-issues-([0-9]+]).html" contains an unmatched '['or']'.
2. the expression "^project-([0-9]+)-feature-page-([0-9]+]).html" contains an unmatched '['or']'
Never minde i figure it out had to remove ] out of the rule do not know how it got there but i removed and its fine now
That's a really neat mod and the fact that you offer it for free makes it even better! Smile
Hi
I hope this is not necromancy on the thread. I found this thread today and it looks really good (Im looking for a tracking program) and I want to install. However, I am very confused about HOW to install this.

Do I just pick up the whole folder called tracker and put in my forum root (ftp://mysite/forum) and then go to install?
or
Do I open up the folder and put the subfolders called tracker into the corresponding folders in the forum sub folders (eg in my forum/images I put the tracker subfolder from images/tracker in the images folder)
or
Do I go into the tracker folders one by one and find the matching subfolder in the forum directory (eg take the .js files from subfolder inc/jscripts/tracker and put them in the forum/inc/jscripts with all the other jscripts)?

I hope some one can help me with this really noob question.
You can simply upload the ./tracker/ folder to your forum root (as in, so it's ./forum/tracker/). You can even rename the tracker folder to something else if you like.

The, simply go to ./forum/tracker/install/, and follow the steps. Smile
Thank you for speedy answer (support on a Sunday - woo!) I will install and let you know how it goes.

Ok, its not going well. I think its me just being a noob. I have the rar opened, I have a folder and in that there are 4 more folders.
I picked up the WHOLE folder and put it in forum, and renamed that file to tracker. Then I navigated to the install folder.

There are three files and two folders in there.
Files= upgrade.php, stylesheet.css and index.php. There are two subfolders (resources and images).
Inside resources and images are lots of Php files etc, indexhtml tracker templates etc. But no install....

I am not even sure if I have all the files. I feel really sad to have to ask this, but is anyone willing to take a look at my FTP and help me? I havent even reached the forum install bit....still stuck at getting files in the right place on the server Undecided

This is the name of the file I downloaded 1641-1254919667-mytracker_1001
Ok, I got help at the xekko site from Tomm. Panic over so far.....
I have installed tracker (/forum/tracker/install)
and activated the plugin.
When I go to /forum/tracker there a problem with the theme and judging from the fact that the specific pages opens very slow I guess this is an .htaccess problem? or not?

anyway the main problem is this error:

The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Invalid argument supplied for foreach() - Line: 822 - File: inc/functions_tracker.php PHP 5.2.12 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_tracker.php 822 errorHandler->error
/tracker/index.php 404 output_nav_tabs
(2009-12-20, 09:27 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]You can simply upload the ./tracker/ folder to your forum root (as in, so it's ./forum/tracker/). You can even rename the tracker folder to something else if you like.

The, simply go to ./forum/tracker/install/, and follow the steps. Smile

After this all the links are
www.site.com/forum/tracker/*/...
instead of www.site.com/forum/*/...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26