MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyShowcase System 2.5.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Hi,

sorry to be a pain, I searched for an answer...

I have recently upgraded to 1.6.4, from 1.6.2

MyShowcase was working fine, since the upgrade though, I cannot access any garages, I get a 404. The weird thing is, if I access a users garage from an old history link such as http://forum.minidriver.com.au/garage.ph...iew&gid=14 , it works fine.

But if I try and access the same garage through the http://forum.minidriver.com.au/garage.php , all the links lead to files like /garage-view-14.html....

All links get ended with a .html, it seems the php isn't parsing the correct path any more... I have tried deactivating and activating the plugin.. I have a backup of files and database from just prior to the installation if that helps.

Cheers

Tim.
during the upgrade, did you replace/update the .htaccess? if so, you need to update the new .htaccess with the SEO info from the ACP > MyShowcase Admin > Summary > Garage > Edit Button > Show SEO
Thanks for Plugin
Can I use it for short book reviews ?
cover image , author, title, page number, short comments... etc
Yes you can. Just setup the fields in the field set to fit your needs.
Is it possible to rename garage so you can 'showcase' forums or websites? I want to be able to allow members to submit links and for me to add them to this plugin so instead of 'showcasing' cars, trucks etc, it will showcase links with a screenshot of their forum or website.

If so, how do I rename the garage? Is there a possible way to add on the front page of this plugin a field for a URL?
there is no "garage" by default. the file you copy/paste/rename is showcase.php in the MyBB root folder. You can call it whatever you want and make as many copies of it as you like.

For example, on my site, I renamed showcase.php to garage.php, then copied it twice and renamed those dock.php and classifieds.php.

The I created three showcases in the ACP, each pointing to one of the files.

There is some URL field support, but its not fully utilized nor readily enabled.
(2011-08-17, 02:26 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]during the upgrade, did you replace/update the .htaccess? if so, you need to update the new .htaccess with the SEO info from the ACP > MyShowcase Admin > Summary > Garage > Edit Button > Show SEO

thankyou! Big Grin

I installed and activated plugin, but its tab is not showing on ACP
I also uploaded a copy of inc/languages/english/* to inc/languages/arabic/*
Sorry, I figured it out
I set permissions, create table then enable it
Now when I type localhost/mybb/showcase.php it returns
H:\xampplite\htdocs\mybb/inc/languages/arabic/myshowcase_fs1.lang.php does not exist
(2011-08-19, 01:22 PM)katib Wrote: [ -> ]I installed and activated plugin, but its tab is not showing on ACP
I also uploaded a copy of inc/languages/english/* to inc/languages/arabic/*
Sorry, I figured it out
I set permissions, create table then enable it
Now when I type localhost/mybb/showcase.php it returns
H:\xampplite\htdocs\mybb/inc/languages/arabic/myshowcase_fs1.lang.php does not exist

Did you create the field set and set the labels for the fields? Hopefully its not an issue with the arabic characters
(2011-08-19, 02:43 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Did you create the field set and set the labels for the fields? Hopefully its not an issue with the arabic characters
It was an issue with labels
I didnot set the labels
Now it is Ok
But I noticed an odd behavior: If there a field set that is NOT marked Enabled but marked Required, and if you try to post a new entry, plugin keeps returning:
"A required field is missing. Please correct the input."

Another question: instead of attaching an image, is it possible to post a image's link instead (like in regular forum posts)?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29