MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyShowcase System 2.5.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
looks like i forgot to update the sample data with the new fields. if you delete the sample data file then it wont try to install.

thanks for the report on the format field. since its a sql function name it does not like it wihtout the ` sorry about that. i will submit a new package this evening.
i uploaded another version that should fix the sample data and field name problem.
Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined function int() in /admin/modules/myshowcase/fields.php on line 259

I get this error when I try to add a new field to a field set.
(2011-11-07, 07:34 AM)wkd Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Fatal error: Call to undefined function int() in /admin/modules/myshowcase/fields.php on line 259

I get this error when I try to add a new field to a field set.

sorry about that. you can download the 2.2.2 version from the mods site or correct it yourself by editing the file and changing lines 259-262 to the following

"min_length" => intval($mybb->input['newmin_length']),
"max_length" => intval($mybb->input['newmax_length']),
"field_order" => intval($mybb->input['newfield_order']),
"list_table_order" => intval($mybb->input['newlist_table_order']),
Awesome! Thank you so much for the quick response. Smile

I've got it working, except when I attempt to make a new entry I get:

Quote:No results returned for table lookup. Data is missing.

All my db entries have options and it's visible in the database, so I'm not sure what this issue is here.

There's a few more options/features I'd love to see, but was wondering if there was an easy way to hack them for the time-being...

1) Restrict the modification of certain fields per usergroup.
2) Display/link to a user's showcase entries in their profile.
3) A way to display myshowcase fields individually in the template; i.e. fields birthday birthmonth and birthyear shouldn't be in separate lines, but moved to display together on one line.
4) Limit the amount of showcase entries a user can have based on group, but make it over-ridable so admins can add extra on a per-user basis.
5) Have a section in the UCP that shows a user their pending showcases, active showcases, as well as the amount out of their limit that they have. Maybe the option to "retire" a showcase entry so it doesn't count towards that limit?

Basically, I'm using this as an RPG/Character sheet system, since it's the closest thing I've found, and these options would make it pretty perfect for that!
(2011-11-07, 04:48 PM)wkd Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome! Thank you so much for the quick response. Smile
Great and you are welcome.
(2011-11-07, 04:48 PM)wkd Wrote: [ -> ]I've got it working, except when I attempt to make a new entry I get:

Quote:No results returned for table lookup. Data is missing.

All my db entries have options and it's visible in the database, so I'm not sure what this issue is here.
You have to have a "0/None Selected" option in all the DB fields since the queries use a massive join and if the data is not found, the join fails. Since the default value for any db type field is "0", the options need to include the "0" so it can match.

So verify that the db fields all have a "0" option, it can be where ever in the list, just needs to be there.
(2011-11-07, 04:48 PM)wkd Wrote: [ -> ]There's a few more options/features I'd love to see, but was wondering if there was an easy way to hack them for the time-being...

1) Restrict the modification of certain fields per usergroup.
2) Display/link to a user's showcase entries in their profile.
3) A way to display myshowcase fields individually in the template; i.e. fields birthday birthmonth and birthyear shouldn't be in separate lines, but moved to display together on one line.
4) Limit the amount of showcase entries a user can have based on group, but make it over-ridable so admins can add extra on a per-user basis.
5) Have a section in the UCP that shows a user their pending showcases, active showcases, as well as the amount out of their limit that they have. Maybe the option to "retire" a showcase entry so it doesn't count towards that limit?

Basically, I'm using this as an RPG/Character sheet system, since it's the closest thing I've found, and these options would make it pretty perfect for that!

1) That is asking a lot. Since there are unlimited field possibilities of unlimited showcases, over unlimited groups, the performance impact could be massive and coding a PITA. I can look into it and think of some ideas, but it's a big request.

2) I could add a hook for adding to the profile. I'll consider that. Want it optional like the link in postbit feature?

3) I forgot about that. That is why I support a dateline/timetamp field, but never got around to adding a "date" field that would show DD, MM, YYYY drop downs. Sorry about that.

4) Defeats the purpose of group permissions, but you can create a new group, put the users into that group and give that group additional permissions/entries. if an additional group, the would never even have to know. The system supports you adding usergroups at any time, its just that by default the showcase permissions are super restrictive.

5) I will look into the profile listings. That should not be too hard. I will have to think about the best way to add a "retire" option. Its doable, but nothing I had thought of before. Do you need to support the "Bret Favre" retirement plan as well? Retired, not retired, retired, not retired?

All of these things would make it a major release (version 3) so it may be a little while. All depends on real life.
I realized some of my requests were tall orders, so—no worries! <3

Ultimately, we decided it would be easier to just do an account-based system for the characters and just link them, rather than create a whole new mod/mod an existing mod.

But, again, thank you so much for taking the time to create this and offer support. Obviously, use whatever suggestions I gave that make sense for you, but don't feel like you have to (since I found a different solution)!
Well done, pavemen,

It can be used even as a gallery.

thanks for your work.

I'll continue digging in insides of your plugin, however I have questions Wink

1. It is possible to connect somehow one type of showcase to another type ?
for example, I want to have a Garage, where users can describe their cars, and something like Modifications Diary, connected to Car, where users describe their list of car modifications, and/or Fuel Consumption Diary, Services Diary, Competitions Diary, etc.
Maybe not something so complicated as I describe, probably a simple Diary of events related to Car with ability to add pictures and keep separately event comments.

2. Probably there can be many functionality requests to your plugin.
Do you have or plan to have a plugin hooks inside of your plugin, so somebody can develop plugin into your plugin ? Wink

thanks again.
1) so you would want multiple showcases running different files (separate URLs), but be able to link them in some fashion to one another? so when adding/editing the garage, you can choose from the other showcases you have and pick one entry to link to in each of the other showcases?

2) the system already has hooks in almost every function/action.
(2011-11-10, 10:07 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]1) so you would want multiple showcases running different files (separate URLs), but be able to link them in some fashion to one another?
yes.

Quote:so when adding/editing the garage, you can choose from the other showcases you have and pick one entry to link to in each of the other showcases?

probably yes, if I understand correctly - english is not my native language.

I mean the following:

1. User can add a Car to his Garage (list of cars) as currently in your site for example.

2. Every Car can have a history of events. different types of events mean different showcases running different files. so Car can have separate lists of events.
In car editing user (owner) should have links/buttons like "Manage Modification events" and/or "Manage Repairs events" and when he press it, he see list of particular events, select existing to modify or press Add button. These "Manage ..." buttons related to different showcases running different files. but these showcases newer appears as separate showcase list like Garage, only as links to their list in particular Garage record.

3. when other users looks into owners garage record, they see a links/buttons to different types of events, for example "Modification history" and/or "Repairs history", and when they press button - they see a list of particular events related to this garage record, sorted by some field, for example - date of event.
or, maybe, when other users looks into owner's garage record, they see additional sections on page with list of events, related to this record.

Quote:2) the system already has hooks in almost every function/action.

thanks, I'll investigate how to use that. probably I'll find a way to implement my 1st question Wink
so you don't want to add multiple text-area fields that lets the user add the content into the main garage entry?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29