MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyShowcase System 2.5.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
thats understandable.

as an FYI to everyone, for this system, the entries awaiting approval are at least visible to the authors, so they can continue to edit or alter their entries while waiting for approval.
(2011-02-06, 09:58 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]thats understandable.

as an FYI to everyone, for this system, the entries awaiting approval are at least visible to the authors, so they can continue to edit or alter their entries while waiting for approval.

I did notice that! Good feature!
I have been looking at adding a link directory support, but its not going to work with this system. it will be much easier to build a separate and stand alone link directory plugin (yay, another project!)
already zingaburga had a link directory system that runes with xthreads.
Do you think you can simply make normal http:// links convert into hyperlinks. Or maybe be able to enable HTML in the creation form?
I'd like to see ratings as well, something like the thread ratings system would be sufficient so people can rate each others items.

Thanks for sharing this, will definitely put it to good use soon.
(2011-02-07, 12:09 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think you can simply make normal http:// links convert into hyperlinks. Or maybe be able to enable HTML in the creation form?

I can run the data through a parser I suppose, but that just adds overhead and slows it down. I suppose I can add a field option to enable parsing for a given field using the built-in parser. This way it wont run unless needed.

I can look into it

(2011-02-08, 09:04 AM)PwnEm Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see ratings as well, something like the thread ratings system would be sufficient so people can rate each others items.

I have thought about ratings. I will look into it more. I am already in the middle of adding a report system (can't hijack the built-in MyBB one unfortunately), so I'll see if I can get a rating system in this next build as well.
(2011-02-08, 04:41 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-02-07, 12:09 PM)Tierney Wrote: [ -> ]Do you think you can simply make normal http:// links convert into hyperlinks. Or maybe be able to enable HTML in the creation form?

I can run the data through a parser I suppose, but that just adds overhead and slows it down. I suppose I can add a field option to enable parsing for a given field using the built-in parser. This way it wont run unless needed.

I can look into it

(2011-02-08, 09:04 AM)PwnEm Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see ratings as well, something like the thread ratings system would be sufficient so people can rate each others items.

I have thought about ratings. I will look into it more. I am already in the middle of adding a report system (can't hijack the built-in MyBB one unfortunately), so I'll see if I can get a rating system in this next build as well.

Thanks for your answer. I really hope that links are enabled in any way, because this would help in a tremendous way.
Just went to try install the new version. Pity it's not validated yet. Any chance somebody could attach it?
Its not that its not validated, I pulled it from the mods site myself as there were a few bugs I had to fix and I am adding a few features. But then real life caught up to me and I have been swamped with work (60+ hours a week) and family obligations.

I am hoping I can find time in a few days to start working on it again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29