MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyShowcase System 2.5.2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
(2011-08-23, 01:33 PM)GerryD Wrote: [ -> ]Great Mod!! I get the following error though when trying to upload attachments.
The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: There was a problem moving the uploaded file to its destination.
oh and another quick question. is there no way to link a users garage to a button on their posts?

in other words, I see a user in a post, then hit a button called "my garage" and it then shows the users garage instead of browsing or searching for it?

The system uses the same attachment options as MyBB so make sure what you are trying to upload is allowed.

There is an option, in each showcase, to include a link to the users showcases in the postbit. It will create a text link, similar to the reputation, in the user details area
(2011-08-23, 02:22 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-23, 01:33 PM)GerryD Wrote: [ -> ]Great Mod!! I get the following error though when trying to upload attachments.
The file upload failed. Please choose a valid file and try again. Error details: There was a problem moving the uploaded file to its destination.
oh and another quick question. is there no way to link a users garage to a button on their posts?

in other words, I see a user in a post, then hit a button called "my garage" and it then shows the users garage instead of browsing or searching for it?

The system uses the same attachment options as MyBB so make sure what you are trying to upload is allowed.

There is an option, in each showcase, to include a link to the users showcases in the postbit. It will create a text link, similar to the reputation, in the user details area

Cool thanks! I did chmod -R 777 on the uploads directory and that sorted the uploading..

I did change the postbit setting, but I do not see it though, must be doing something wrong. I'll chat and let you know! thanks for the help.
Glad its working (mostly) now. regarding the postbit, it is a dynamic addition via a plugin hook. Do you have any other plugins that modify the user details? Also, the user has to have a showcase entry in a showcase that has postbit output enabled for anything to show up.
(2011-08-23, 05:29 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Glad its working (mostly) now. regarding the postbit, it is a dynamic addition via a plugin hook. Do you have any other plugins that modify the user details? Also, the user has to have a showcase entry in a showcase that has postbit output enabled for anything to show up.

I found it!! Big Grin think it was a browser thing, for some stupid reason I had to do CTRL+F5 to reload the cache Dodgy

Thanks a million for the help! it is working great now.

Edit. if the garage is only viewable once a user has a garage setup for himself, is there a way I can just create a main page for the garage? maybe a new subforum? hmmm..

not sure what you mean with that last statement. the garage has a main page, its whatever you specified as Main File in the setup. The system does not add the link to the MyBB menu, you need to do that yourself.
(2011-08-23, 06:11 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]not sure what you mean with that last statement. the garage has a main page, its whatever you specified as Main File in the setup. The system does not add the link to the MyBB menu, you need to do that yourself.

sorry, yes, that is what I meant, I need to add a link somewhere for users to access the showcase, just wondering what the best method and place would be to place it.
I just stick the links in the TopLinks menu. Copy/paste a line from the header template and modify as needed
awesome.. you're the man. more rep deserved! Thanks again! all sorted! Big Grin
I was thinking to make this like a trade market place , a place where you can sell/buy domains, pc's/ and so on , and integrate in the forum categories.

Does support seo ? Google SEO 1.6.1 ?

Regards.
(2011-08-26, 07:48 PM)raoul Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking to make this like a trade market place , a place where you can sell/buy domains, pc's/ and so on , and integrate in the forum categories.

Does support seo ? Google SEO 1.6.1 ?

Regards.

I use it for a classifieds section http://www.pavementsucks.com/classifieds.php

it supports basic MyBB type SEO friendly URLs. Right now, it does not support Gogle SEO, but it should not take a lot of work to make it happen
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29