MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Downloads Manager
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Hello, everyone! I would like to introduce the Downloads Manager plugin.

Basically, it creates a page that lists your downloads, and gives each its own page. These pages show a preview, a link to discuss the download in a forum, a link to download the file (of course), and a description that can be formatted with MyCode.

It includes an AdminCP module that allows you to edit existing download pages, or upload a new file and create a page for it.

You can find a demo of the plugin at my site, here.
The official MyBB Mods page is here.

This is my first plugin for MyBB, and actually my first PHP project.

Installation is as simple as unzipping the contents to the forum directory, installing the plugin in the AdminCP, and adding a link to downloads.php somewhere.
It looks nice. I may use it too. Do you plan to build off of it by adding categories or anything?

Also does it eventually break into pages(The listing that is)?
I may include categories eventually, along with a few other management features.

If by breaking into pages you mean each download has a page with it's own description, then yes. Clicking on a link in the listing brings you to the description page. These pages are displayed with the downloads_project template, and the description can include MyCode.
I installed the plugin and I find this error

[attachment=11228]

[attachment=11229]
I resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the plug
Strange. You should be able to just upload, unzip, install, and use.

What version of MyBB are you using? 1.4.1 or 1.4.2, or something else? It should work on all, but I developed this on 1.4.2, so that might be the problem. Does it do that every time you try?

I'll see what I can do to fix it.
Now is installed without errors. But not upload files, the forum stated. and if I linking

www.skinnermania.com/forum/downloads.php me back blank page error

I use mybb 1.4.2
For the blank page thing, try turning off GZIP compression in Configuration->Settings->Server and Optimization Options

I don't know why it doesn't work with it, and only recently found out about that. I'll fix it ASAP, but until I figure out what I'm not doing that normal pages do, I can't really fix it.

Could you post the upload error number? Depending on the error, the problem might be the PHP configuration settings.
ok. disabling GZIP compression, it works! Smile

in the
"Forum ID This is the project's forum ID. "

Which should include ID?
Whatever you want. I typically create a new forum for each project for things like tech support, but you could, if you want to, point it at a general "Downloads Discussion" forum, or point some at a general section and others at specific forums. Whatever you want.

The easiest way to find the forum ID is to move the mouse over the forum's link and look at the status bar at the bottom of the window. The number after 'fid' is the ID to put here.

I hope to eventually have a drop-down menu to choose a forum.
ok thanks,
good work
it would be better threads ID, instead of forums where you can.
Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15