MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OUGC Awards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
I do not offer free support for this plugin unfortunately, sorry.
For LeeFish, these are the templates created:

member_profile_ougc_awards
member_profile_ougc_awards_row
member_profile_ougc_awards_row_empty

modcp_ougc_awards
modcp_ougc_awards_list
modcp_ougc_awards_list_award
modcp_ougc_awards_list_empty
modcp_ougc_awards_manage Options
modcp_ougc_awards_manage_reason
modcp_ougc_awards_nav

postbit_ougc_awards

ougc_awards_page
ougc_awards_page_list
ougc_awards_page_list_award
ougc_awards_page_list_empty
ougc_awards_page_user
ougc_awards_page_user_award
ougc_awards_page_user_empty
ougc_awards_page_view
ougc_awards_page_view_empty
ougc_awards_page_view_row
You pmd me to say you had fixed it.

However, I see that Omar does not provide free support for this plugin (so I am kind of reluctant to support it for free over his head as he provides the plugin itself for free and then charges for support, which is a fair and known business model), so I am glad you fixed it yourself.
Actually, I'm not agains people giving free support to my plugins. I'm not that focused in this business model as per say. It just saves me time to code even more Toungue

Bugs are always welcome nonetheless.
Where is support? uDezain does not resolve.

(2012-04-11, 04:09 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
I have updated the first post. uDezain was closed because of lack of resources.

Quote:Support
Only subscribers at MyBB-Plugins can get support.
Just a heads up...I deactivated and uninstalled this plugin in order to apply the settings to a new theme I installed. When I reinstalled it, all my settings reverted to default and all awards were lost! It is like a fresh install! I'm not sure if I want to start all over or just scrap the awards plugin from my forum.
(2014-05-28, 11:14 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Just a heads up...I deactivated and uninstalled this plugin in order to apply the settings to a new theme I installed. When I reinstalled it, all my settings reverted to default and all awards were lost! It is like a fresh install! I'm not sure if I want to start all over or just scrap the awards plugin from my forum.
When you uninstall a plugin, the whole purpose of uninstalling it is to remove all references of that plugin. Before uninstalling and if you plan to re-install it, make sure you export the awards from the database so you can import it later.
Uninstalling a plugin should NEVER be assumed as a function that leaves data behind.
(2014-05-28, 07:02 PM)Vashnik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-28, 11:14 AM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]Just a heads up...I deactivated and uninstalled this plugin in order to apply the settings to a new theme I installed. When I reinstalled it, all my settings reverted to default and all awards were lost! It is like a fresh install! I'm not sure if I want to start all over or just scrap the awards plugin from my forum.
When you uninstall a plugin, the whole purpose of uninstalling it is to remove all references of that plugin. Before uninstalling and if you plan to re-install it, make sure you export the awards from the database so you can import it later.
Uninstalling a plugin should NEVER be assumed as a function that leaves data behind.

My mistake indeed! I just wanted to warn others not to make the same mistake!

What is the best way to export and import the awards for future reference? I use cPanel...
The easiest way is going to be in the Admin CP under Tools & Maintenance. When you want to do a backup, select the tables you wish to back up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49