MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OUGC Awards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
edit: please disregard this, I am profoundly stupid.
(2019-01-06, 01:19 PM)ssdee Wrote: [ -> ]Ah my bad, I misread your first point about the categorization. Apologies.
As for the rule that would be amazing if you could add it, I'm pretty new to the development/upbringing of forums so I'm learning as I go too. 

Thanks for all the help.

I might add it for next version.
https://github.com/Sama34/OUGC-Awards/issues/44

(2019-01-06, 05:32 PM)codedude Wrote: [ -> ]WIll 1.9 version of awards work on 1.8.19? As in current state 1.8.19 version has some major bugs

Even though next milestone is for MyBB 1.9 it is very likely that I will release an update for MyBB 1.8.n

None of my plugins for MyBB 1.9 will work with MyBB 1.8 though, as changes are vast and I won't bother keeping both versions supported. After MyBB 1.9 is released my MyBB 1.8 plugins will be only maintained for security issues and no new features will be added to it.

As per OUGC Awards 1.8.19 being bugged, well, I suppose you are free not to use it and wait till a version that meets your expectations is released, as claiming it has "some major bugs" doesn't really helps me into fixing them.
(2019-01-07, 01:51 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-01-06, 01:19 PM)ssdee Wrote: [ -> ]Ah my bad, I misread your first point about the categorization. Apologies.
As for the rule that would be amazing if you could add it, I'm pretty new to the development/upbringing of forums so I'm learning as I go too. 

Thanks for all the help.

I might add it for next version.
https://github.com/Sama34/OUGC-Awards/issues/44

(2019-01-06, 05:32 PM)codedude Wrote: [ -> ]WIll 1.9 version of awards work on 1.8.19? As in current state 1.8.19 version has some major bugs

Even though next milestone is for MyBB 1.9 it is very likely that I will release an update for MyBB 1.8.n

None of my plugins for MyBB 1.9 will work with MyBB 1.8 though, as changes are vast and I won't bother keeping both versions supported. After MyBB 1.9 is released my MyBB 1.8 plugins will be only maintained for security issues and no new features will be added to it.

As per OUGC Awards 1.8.19 being bugged, well, I suppose you are free not to use it and wait till a version that meets your expectations is released, as claiming it has "some major bugs" doesn't really helps me into fixing them.

wait for next release bro 
Yeah, I am waiting for v1.9 release : ) because of quite a lot bug fixes
Hey again Omar,

How can I get the awards to display on a users profile the same way they display on the postbit? In regards to just the award images.
I have tried to add the {$post['ougc_awards']} into the profile page sidebar but to no avail, I then added the {$memprofile['ougc_awards']} into the sidebar which worked.. but it filled up the sidebar with a table rather than just the award images.

I'd just like the award images, all lined up. I've got all the settings in the configurations to how many per line I'd like etc.
Thanks.
I suppose you can edit the profile templates to remove all the code except for the award image. They should be named something like ougcawards_profile*.

The awards per line settings won't work inside the profile tho.
(2019-01-08, 01:46 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose you can edit the profile templates to remove all the code except for the award image. They should be named something like ougcawards_profile*.

The awards per line settings won't work inside the profile tho.

I tried and just left the image as suggested, however it only listed one award image and not 4 -> https://i.imgur.com/i4BowAy.png
end goal would be to mimic whats visible on the postbit with what you see on the users profile.

Not a bad suggestion for the next update?  Big Grin
Thank you for your suggestion. However, I don't think I will modify the default display for profiles, since doing the edits I mentioned should have worked. I can't think of a reason for it to be displaying one award but not the rest, so you will need to offer more details so in case it is a bug I can fix it.

You might also be editing some template wrong.

I should probably document this inside the faqs section in the official site tho, but I don't have the time till maybe the weekend.

For the ones wondering, I will get OUGC 1.8.20 released some days after MyBB 1.8.20 is released as well. So if your issue is a bug you will need to help me into understanding it so I can fix it before that, because MyBB 1.8.21 might take a while before releasing depending on developing milestones.
(2019-01-10, 08:33 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your suggestion. However, I don't think I will modify the default display for profiles, since doing the edits I mentioned should have worked. I can't think of a reason for it to be displaying one award but not the rest, so you will need to offer more details so in case it is a bug I can fix it.

You might also be editing some template wrong.

I should probably document this inside the faqs section in the official site tho, but I don't have the time till maybe the weekend.

For the ones wondering, I will get OUGC 1.8.20 released some days after MyBB 1.8.20 is released as well. So if your issue is a bug you will need to help me into understanding it so I can fix it before that, because MyBB 1.8.21 might take a while before releasing depending on developing milestones.

Hm.
With just the fimage in every ougc profile template it shows only one, and this is the inspect element view -> https://i.imgur.com/mcbtjuE.png
Ignore that it's in the "postbit_awards" class as that just has the css styling for the boxes.

Not sure what it could be, this is all inside the profile_stats div.
Please check the FAQs section in the official page, I have updated it with a quick guide into accomplishing what you want.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49