MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OUGC Awards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
Ah, okay. Just wanted to bring it up in case there was something that could be done. Toungue

I do have a question about this plugin though. It said on the website for it that you can give an award multiple times to a user, but when I tried to do that earlier today I got a SQL error. Would it have been caused by upgrading from 1.8.3 straight to 1.8.22?
The update code implemented in this plugin should make it possible to update between these version with no issue.

Could you share a capture or the full description of the SQL error?

Edit: Did you follow the update instructions of this plugin?
https://ougc.network/entry?members-ougc-awards
I never noticed the instructions so didn't follow them. I disabled the 1.8.3. version and then uninstalled it via the ACP, and then uploaded the 1.8.22 files and then installed and activated the new version of the plugin.

Here's the error:

[Image: MDG4xlZ.png]
What do you mean you "uninstalled"? I think you did not uninstall, as this issue shouldn't be present if you were using a fresh 1.8.22 install.

So I will assume you still have your data from previous versions. Please check the attached image if you use something like phpMyAdmin, drop both the aiduid and uidaid indexes from the ougc_awards_users table. These were useful back when no duplicated awards were allowed. This is something I need to improve within the code as it seems they are not being removed properly.

You can make a backup of your DB or that specific table, but no data should be lost as long as you just drop these 2 indexes.
I went ahead and removed previous versions from the Extend site Extend site. I did check my release posts for the latest versions (1.8.19, 1.8.22) and it is my fault for being dull about the importance of the 1.8.22 update, for this I apologize.

1.8.22 fixed a minor issue that required moderator access (thus minor, in my view). However, it is very important that you update to this version if you use previous ones.

If you are using OUGC Awards 1.8.0, 1.8.3, 1.8.19, or any version previous to 1.8.22 you should update without delay. Update is very straightforward for this plugin, simply deactivate the old plugin, upload the new files, and activate back.
(2021-08-04, 08:49 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean you "uninstalled"? I think you did not uninstall, as this issue shouldn't be present if you were using a fresh 1.8.22 install.

So I will assume you still have your data from previous versions. Please check the attached image if you use something like phpMyAdmin, drop both the aiduid and uidaid indexes from the ougc_awards_users table. These were useful back when no duplicated awards were allowed. This is something I need to improve within the code as it seems they are not being removed properly.

You can make a backup of your DB or that specific table, but no data should be lost as long as you just drop these 2 indexes.

What I mean is how on the plugins page it has "Deactivate" and "Uninstall", I deactivated 1.8.3 and then clicked uninstall on it afterwards.

I definitely had data from previous versions, as I didn't delete anything from my files for the 1.8.3 version. I just uploaded the 1.8.22 version and overwrote it. When I activated 1.8.22, all the awards from 1.8.3 still existed.
Ok, just drop the keys as mentioned in my previous post and you should be able to grant the same award multiple times to users with no issues.
(2021-08-04, 08:49 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean you "uninstalled"? I think you did not uninstall, as this issue shouldn't be present if you were using a fresh 1.8.22 install.

Just wanted to thank you for this. I just did it and duplicate awards works now. Smile
I have a question. Is there a way to make it that when a user receives an award, it isn't automatically set to display in the Manage Awards page in the User CP? The way I'm using the system is that everyone can select which three awards they want to display out of their collection, and so having new awards given automatically set to display means that they would need to deselect it every time they get a new one, whereas I'd prefer they have the award added to their collection but not display on their profile unless they choose to do so.

Is there a way to do that, or do I need to just tell my users that they'll need to deselect a new award as they get it if they want to keep their already chosen three as the only ones that display?
Hi, thank you for testing the development branch !

Please, try the new code, download from the following link:
https://github.com/Sama34/OUGC-Awards/tree/develop

To update, follow the update instructions from the main page (deactivate, replace files, activate back).

This update should add a new setting (Visible as Default Sort Status) to set the default visible status for awards.

By default it will work as you described, if you disable it then it will work as you desire it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49