MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.2 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Edit.. erm.. i pulled a wrongan and replaces the wrong blooming DB fields ha ha *reverts to backup*
^_^ wahh!
edit 2.. okie there fully different, ah crap this is a pain.. ****! now i have to do another Full install to get them files back?
I really did misread your post X_X grrrr
I really dont have the spair time, ill attempt to somehow find a way to get that data back!? if its possible..
I see New Reply and New Thead Font Color Text Size Area is White. How to change this area ?

[Image: 46108.jpeg]
I've got over a thousand members, customized themes, and added plugins.

Upgrading sounds to me a bit like I'm going to lose out on those plugins functionality right? I'm using advanced stats on index, user groups legend, attachment icons, portal redirect, and welcome message.

I'll lose those wont I?
devnet Wrote:I've got over a thousand members, customized themes, and added plugins.

Upgrading sounds to me a bit like I'm going to lose out on those plugins functionality right? I'm using advanced stats on index, user groups legend, attachment icons, portal redirect, and welcome message.

I'll lose those wont I?
Some of the plugins you are using are converted over to 1.2 already http://mods.mybboard.com/modifications.php?vid=9
I believe other plugin writers would upgrade theirs eventually too.

You will those the theme you are using, but it would not take too long to rebuild them as long as you have the documentation and images. Of course, your members and posts, data won't be lost.
The Turk Wrote:I see New Reply and New Thead Font Color Text Size Area is White. How to change this area ?
Could it be that you use an old language pack made for the 1.1.x series?
Michael83 Wrote:
The Turk Wrote:I see New Reply and New Thead Font Color Text Size Area is White. How to change this area ?
Could it be that you use an old language pack made for the 1.1.x series?

My language pack for 1.2.0 but this problem my language pack. I say Turkish translator. Tnx.
Just checked my email and saw the update.

Im gonna update tommarrow and i hope everything goes well unlike when i updated to 1.0 a while back =/ ..
Im also hoping that most if not all the plugins i use will still work or have updates for 1.2

Acookid0009 <--- excited lol

keep up the good work
Chris Boulton Wrote:
Daniel Milford Wrote:Upgraded to 1.2 on my Norwegian board, everything worked fine except all the Norwegian-specific letters, namely æ, ø and å (in html &aelig; &oslash; and &aringWink, in all posts, forum names etc. turned into question marks.

Why? It's not a problem with new posts, and I can edit forum names without a problem, but will I ever get æøå back into 15 000 old posts?
You need to make sure the character set you were previously using in your previous language pack (set in the {language}.php file in inc/languages) is set for your current board.

I wouldn't think whatever language pack I was using has anything to do with this. Before I update my Norwegian translation to 1.2, I'm using English, but as mentioned, there's no problem posting æøå now, the problem occurred when the database was updated to 1.2. My question is, is there a way to turn all the ?'s in the database back into æøå's? Although they all read as "?", they are distinguishable for the pc, so I suppose it should be possible, I just don't know how.
It actually has everything to do with it - the language pack decides on the character encodings used on the board.

What is happening is that MyBB 1.1.x used to use ISO-8859-1 for the character encoding which meant any characters were encoded in that. MyBB 1.2 uses UTF-8 (currently) which means older characters (apart from standard English) don't appear correctly.

You need to set your board back to using the previous character encoding you were using before (ISO-8859-1 if you didn't change it from the default).

You can read my post on that here: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...0#pid77490
MySQL error: 1146
Table 'sports_forums.users' doesn't exist
Query: SELECT regip FROM users WHERE uid = '1' LIMIT 1

my friend is getting this when he enteres my name as referal yet that table is exisant
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19