MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.2 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I got a question.  Why do we need to close the board and leave a message for our members why it's down, if the very next step is to delete all files in the forum directory?  This would delete the whole thing, so they wouldn't see any message anyway?????

Also, I just upgraded.  Looks like it was successful, but I got the following during upgrade:

[attachment=3752]

Are those errors serious?
And to answer your question grilldog, it means to delete the install/ folder, not the whole forum.
When upgrading I get to the Templates reverted screen.

And then I hit next and on the settings screen i get the following:
Quote:Warning: fopen(/inc/settings.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/brian/public_html/forums/install/upgrade.php on line 494

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/brian/public_html/forums/install/upgrade.php on line 495

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/brian/public_html/forums/install/upgrade.php on line 496

It then says on the screen:
Quote:The board settings have been synchronised with the latest in MyBB.

%1$s new settings inserted along with %2$s new setting groups.

To finalise the upgrade, please click next below to continue.

I have checked the settings.php file is in the inc folder. And it has a value of 0755 (the maximum allowed by my host before an internal server error results.) But it appears as though it can't find the file and is looking for it in /inc/settings.php (the / before indicating in the root directory of the server and not the forums director?)

Edit:
I have now just edited the upgrade.php file so that the line that was in question had $MYBB_ROOT before the /inc/settings.php (instead of the other variable that was used there) And it appeared to work ok.
That's not what it say, Cragllo:

wiki Wrote:Open your FTP and navigate to the forums inc/ folder. Download the following files to somewhere safe as you will need to re-upload them later!
./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php
Delete everything (all files and folders!) in your forum's root folder.
cragllo Wrote:Everything upgraded without any errors for me, BUT, as I had it integrated with my site, my site no longer works, I get this error
Quote:Direct initialization of this file is not allowed.

Please make sure IN_MYBB is defined.
http://www.gameserverinformer.com/

Thats because most of the Plugins, Modifications for MyBB will not work, especially if your site uses them.
xiaozhu Wrote:Thats because most of the Plugins, Modifications for MyBB will not work, especially if your site uses them.
I use the following code at teh start of my pages of my site:
chdir("/home/sponke5/public_html/gsi/forums"); // path to MyBB
require_once("./global.php");
require_once("./inc/functions_post.php");
require_once("./inc/functions_user.php");
chdir("/home/sponke5/public_html/gsi");
I remember in phpBB haveing to use define(), I'm guessing its the same for this now, but I have forgetten what it is i need to type lol.
Any word on if the Arcade still works with 1.2?

Anyone here have it installed and have upgraded?

How about Coppermine? Still functioning?
i had to restart the installer because my internet got messed up....now i restarted the installer and i get this....

Quote:Performing QueriesPerforming necessary upgrade queries..

MySQL error: 1060
Duplicate column name 'totalpms'
Query: ALTER TABLE mybb_users ADD totalpms int(10) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER showcodebuttons;
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
need to be over the including of MyBB files if you want to use them in mods/plugins/integrations.

grilldog: http://community.mybboard.net/showthread...3#pid77353
Crakter, how does that thread answer Grilldog's error question? That's just one member having a discussion with themselves! Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19