MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.2 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Where i can find the changed files and to upgrade manually?
I have a question.

I have a 1.1.7 database stored in my computer. Can I install the 1.2release, and then put the database?, the problem is that I donĀ“t want to lose the data i have in that DB.

Cheers

PD: Ah, the upgrading utility doesn't work fine. The AdminCP have some errors after the upgrading.
judel Wrote:Crakter, how does that thread answer Grilldog's error question? That's just one member having a discussion with themselves! Wink
No it's not. The error Grilldog is asking is an bug. And that is the fix for his error.

AlbaSport.com: I don't think you even should consider manual upgrade >.>
CraKteR Wrote:AlbaSport.com: I don't think you even should consider manual upgrade >.>

If i can not upgrade manually than,i should use forever 1.1.8

I do a lot of modification during now, like: translations, code modifications and a lot of things, so if i upgrade now all those things will disappear so......... bye bye 1.2 .
AlbaSport.com Wrote:
CraKteR Wrote:AlbaSport.com: I don't think you even should consider manual upgrade >.>

If i can not upgrade manually than,i should use forever 1.1.8

I do a lot of modification during now, like: translations, code modifications and a lot of things, so if i upgrade now all those things will disappear so......... bye bye 1.2 .
My guess is that most of your code modifications wouldn't even work with 1.2, even if we did provide manual upgrade instructions, which we won't.

It is your choice to stick with 1.1.8, but do remember that we will only continue supporting 1.1.8 for the next 2 months.
Finally released! I've upgraded successfully with no problems at all.
is this supposed to delete any custom themes?

oh well... looks like ima have 900+ templates i have to go through and make sure whether they need updating or what...

i' guess i better get to f'in work..
Quote:upgrade.php{~509}

PHP Code:

$file = fopen(dirname($cwd)."/inc/settings.php", "w");

change to...

PHP Code:

$file = fopen(MYBB_ROOT."/inc/settings.php", "w");
Crakter, what if the upgrade has already been done?! This is supposed to be changed in the upgrade.php file and then do the upgrade again???

Why would there now be 2 settings.php and 2 config.php files in his inc directory? I'm asking, since I'm the one doing all this for him. Sort of a test run before I attempt an upgrade on my forum!
This change doesn't really do that much, if you've already upgraded just click "ok" in settings and it will build an new settings.php Smile
OMG OMG OMG...I have never been so excited about a software release. This is gonne be fun.

I have some things to do today but either tomorrow or monday I will be upgrading my sites. I have held back on my mods to only ones that are pure plugins which should make upgrading fairly easy.

This is great news. I was thinking we were months away from 1.2 release. I guess I gotta stop thinking in phpbb time. :-)

Thanks a lot guys. I look forward to pushing out 1.2 mods for it right away.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19