MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts - a notification/alert system for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
(2012-10-19, 07:07 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Easiest thing would be to modify the theme's templates and just remove myalerts_headericon from the header_welcomeblock_member template.

Thank you very much euantor
(2012-10-19, 07:07 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Easiest thing would be to modify the theme's templates and just remove myalerts_headericon from the header_welcomeblock_member template.

That solution will not stop the plugin from wating resources, maybe adding something like:
function function myalerts_global()
{
	global $header;

if(my_strpos($header, '<myalerts_headericon>'))
	{
		// blablabla
	}
}

function myalerts_pre_output_page(&$contents)
{
	if(my_strpos($contents, '<myalerts_headericon>'))
	{
		// blablabla
	}
}
Could be done style vanilla forum?
[attachment=27502]

demo in: http://vanillaforums.org/discussions
(requires registration to view notifications)
(2012-10-19, 09:33 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]

That solution will not stop the plugin from wating resources, maybe adding something like:
function function myalerts_global()
{
	global $header;

if(my_strpos($header, '<myalerts_headericon>'))
	{
		// blablabla
	}
}

function myalerts_pre_output_page(&$contents)
{
	if(my_strpos($contents, '<myalerts_headericon>'))
	{
		// blablabla
	}
}

True indeed. I'll add that next version.

(2012-10-20, 02:41 AM)Nomak Wrote: [ -> ]Could be done style vanilla forum?

demo in: http://vanillaforums.org/discussions
(requires registration to view notifications)

You could do it in a similar style by disabling the PM notification and modifying templates so the default PM notice acts in a similar fashion. The whole layout of MyAlerts can be easily changed via templates and the stylesheet.
Hi, I read this on the README:

Quote:**Important:** _MyAlerts is still in **BETA**. It is NOT meant for use on live forums until we exit the beta stage. Currently MyAlerts is available to everyone to test for and report bugs, contribute to the code, and see what the features are and how they're implimented.

Is there anyone using it on live forums? I have about >10000 hits per day, and about 160 users logged everyday (>6000 users registered).

thanks
This is the development thread. Check the thread in the actual releases forum. MyAlerts has been released on the mods site: http://mods.mybb.com/view/myalerts GitHub does need updating though.
Would be great if this could have a 'digest' mode - where users (especially of smaller boards) wanting regular running notifications of all activity can be notified (via a single daily email summary) of all threads and all replies they are entitled to see, collated at intervals that suit them - daily in the first instance, though weekly & even hourly might better suit some.
I was actually considering adding this for the first release but never got time to add it. it's certainly on my list of things to do.
(2012-11-11, 10:17 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I was actually considering adding this for the first release but never got time to add it. it's certainly on my list of things to do.
For what it is worth, Leefish while attempting to help me with this issue had started a very simple digest plugin to do some of this (doesnt work for me unfortunately) though her initial approach (I think) was to send digests to entire groups, rather than on an individual user basis per their own selection - which lack of flexibility may or may not prove a dead end.

It would seem ultimately more logical and more user freindly to integrate all notifications into single plugin & task, with consistant userCP settings to control what is sent & how often.

I have users really hanging out for a digest function, so if you do get the chance, I would be a keen beta tester!
Arch, it did work on testfish on 1.6.8, but indeed, my task would send the mail based on usergroups and forum visibility.

I have worked that up into a per forum plugin used as a "newsletter" for another forum I help with, but as we cannot figure out why your email system is not sending the mail and I have no access to your site to test it then I guess I can abandon assisting you on this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41