MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts - a notification/alert system for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
That's found in the JS file. Find and remove this in ./jscripts/myalerts.js:

if (typeof unreadAlerts !== 'undefined' && unreadAlerts > 0)
	{
		document.title = document.title + ' (' + unreadAlerts + ')';
	}
Thank you very much, that did the trick!
Glad to help Smile
I will try to find sometime to correct my instructions to add like plugin notifications, as they work at my forum.

As admin of the forum, and a heavy thread creator and poster at it, I normally find myself with a 100 or 200 notifications on my list.

A way to help with this would be to have grouped notifications, in the same way we have at FB. That means, if a user reply to my thread, I would get a notification. If another user would reply to my thread, the first notification would be deleted and another notification would be created, and its text would include the name of user that replied first. This can be done at the especific notification plugin, but the Alert Plugin could help to implement this via some helper functions.

So instead of:
- Aragorn liked your replied at the thread "Harlem Shake - Mais uma moda Satânica". (Hoje 01:45 PM)
- Sann liked your replied at the thread "Harlem Shake - Mais uma moda Satânica". (Hoje 01:49 PM)
- IJahman liked your replied at the thread "Harlem Shake - Mais uma moda Satânica". (Hoje 01:59 PM)

you could have:
- Aragorn, Sann and IJahman liked your replied at the thread "Harlem Shake - Mais uma moda Satânica". (Hoje 01:45 PM)

This would unbloat the notification queue.

I actually thought in a way of doing this straight at my like alerts modification. When a new like would occur, I would check the database for a unseen alert for that reply. If there was such alert(s), I would save the username and add it to a text field at the new alert. Then when showing the notification. Maybe I would need to do some checks to find the right text to show in the notification, but I think it wouldn't be too difficult.
Pretty sure I added that as core for the thread reply and quote notifications? I wrote those two functions a while back though, so I'd need to double check.
at http://chibi-cyber.com/usercp.php?action=alert_settings options is uncheck all in a user

how to order all the user preferences selected all using sql command
how do i use a image for the alerts drop down rather than the link, basically i want a buttoun instead of the link i have the images required just need to know how to change the link to a button image.
(2013-03-08, 09:23 AM)chibi Wrote: [ -> ]at http://chibi-cyber.com/usercp.php?action=alert_settings options is uncheck all in a user

I am creating a PHP file to do this. Hopefully will be able to release it this weekend.

(2013-03-08, 10:22 AM)adbrad Wrote: [ -> ]how do i use a image for the alerts drop down rather than the link, basically i want a buttoun instead of the link i have the images required just need to know how to change the link to a button image.

You can modify the myalerts_headericon template. ACP > Templates & Styles > Templates > *YOUR TEMPLATE SET* > MyAlerts Templates > myalerts_headericon.
As what you wrote, I think it is very good mod, sir.
I'm online by phone so maybe I can't see the download link and note that show how to install this mod. I will try later, but thank for your mod.

well, I install Library and then I install your mod to mybb. But then, when I enable the plugin in config, my board automatic close.
It means everytime I Enable MyAlerts, I can't go into board. It look like the SQL is dead? But then, I disable Myalerts, everything will be okie?
(2013-03-08, 09:23 AM)chibi Wrote: [ -> ]at http://chibi-cyber.com/usercp.php?action=alert_settings options is uncheck all in a user

This is my problem as well. Currently each user has to go in and enable the notifications. Kind of defeats the purpose. Should be an easy fix. Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41