MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts - a notification/alert system for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
<span style="float:center;"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php">UCP</a> | 
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/modcp.php">MCP</a> | 
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/admin/">ACP</a> | 
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a> {$lang->welcome_pms_usage} | 
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}">Log Out</a>
<br></span>

Thanks in advance. Smile
Replace the above with this:

<span style="float:center;"><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php">UCP</a> | 
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a> {$lang->welcome_pms_usage} | <myalerts_headericon> | 
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=logout&amp;logoutkey={$mybb->user['logoutkey']}">Log Out</a>
<br></span>
(2013-01-13, 05:03 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]Replace the above with this:

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a> {$lang->welcome_pms_usage} | <myalerts_headericon> | 
<br></span>

Thanks a lot. +1 Rep Smile
Question: How much resources would this use, would it slow the forum significantly?

Let's say a Small - Medium forum board.
Very little. It's running on several fairly large boards (including WWEForums) with no issues reported to my self.
This plugin is nice and promising. So, instead of my medium size forum, I'll use and installing on big forum in the next 1-2 week (5 times larger than WWEForums) . Smile
Great to hear Smile
How to fix this? Confused

[Image: sg0gpc.png]
Looks like either a problem with the language files or your styling - I'm tempted to say the latter. Without a link to your site and details of a demo account, I can hardly help any further.
(2012-12-18, 03:19 AM)echofloripa Wrote: [ -> ]Hi euantor, the link to the PMs are showing the wrong ids, what would that be?

(2012-12-17, 05:35 AM)maniacmusic Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone make a like-plugin that supports MyAlerts? Big Grin

I did it for the thankyou plugin.

Basically:

1) Change the file mybb/thankyoulike.php
After:

Quote:if($tlid)
{
add:
Quote:
    //Add alert for the thanks
     thankyoulike__addThankyouAlert($thread, $post);

And at the end add the function:

Quote:function thankyoulike__addThankyouAlert($thread, $post)
{
global $mybb, $cache, $Alerts;
if ($mybb->settings['myalerts_enabled'] AND $Alerts instanceof Alerts)
{
// UID to give alert to, alert type - should be unique - usually the name of your plugin, TID - use only if alert is related to specific thread, Alert from UID - in this case I want users to know who awarded them, Alert content - any specific content you wish to send in the alert
$Alerts->addAlert($post['uid'], 'post_thankyou', $post['tid'], $mybb->user['uid'], array(
'tid'       =>  $post['tid'],
't_subject' =>  $thread['subject'],
'pid'       =>  $post['pid']
));
}
}

2) Then change mybb/inc/plugins/myalerts.php
after $alert['rowType'] = 'postAlert'; }
add:
Quote:elseif ($alert['alert_type'] == 'post_thankyou' /* AND $mybb->settings['myalerts_alert_post_thankyou'] */)
{
$alert['threadLink'] = $mybb->settings['bburl'].'/'.get_thread_link($alert['content']['tid'], 0, '').'?pid='.$alert['content']['pid'].'#pid'.$alert['content']['pid'];
$alert['message'] = $lang->sprintf($lang->myalerts_post_thankyou, $alert['user'], $alert['threadLink'], htmlspecialchars_uni($parser->parse_badwords($alert['content']['t_subject'])), $alert['dateline']);
$alert['rowType'] = 'postAlert';
}
Add "'post_thankyou'," to the end of the two instances of the "$possible_settings = array(", like this:

Quote: $possible_settings = array(
'rep',
'pm',
'buddylist',
'quoted',
'post_threadauthor',
//mod_start
'post_thankyou', //mod_end
);

3) Enable the alert for all users
Quote:UPDATE mybb.mybb_users SET myalerts_settings = '{"rep":1,"pm":1,"buddylist":1,"quoted":1,"post_threadauthor":1,"post_thankyou":1}';

I think that's all to have you thankyou plugin working with myalerts Smile
Of course you could use the "add_hook" method as instructed here.

I tired doing this, but instead of actually showing a notification, it shows nothing at all. Help. o3o
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41