MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts - a notification/alert system for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
My suggestions:

- ability to follow a user
- show notifications about followed people actions: new threads, following you, etc...
- users recieve notifications when moderator use Warning System (warning reason and warning % and level)
- promote to new user's group notification
- integration with some of the achievments or awards plugin
- integration with some profile comments plugin
(2012-05-26, 04:10 AM)Maj Wrote: [ -> ]My suggestions:

- show notifications about followed people actions: new threads, following you, etc...
- users recieve notifications when moderator use Warning System (warning reason and warning % and level)

-Buddy system is already in place. Why not just use that?
-Warning system: good idea.
-Plugin authors can create their own integrations, as has already been stated.
(2012-05-26, 04:32 AM)Pixlr Wrote: [ -> ]-Buddy system is already in place. Why not just use that?

Buddy system is just a list of your buddies. Nothing more.
Follow system lets you to see some news about user's activity. When they create new threads for example or add new friends, etc... For example you see: "Your friend name posted new thread thread name in forum name, at date"

Bad idea. Extra queries for those who don't have these plugins installed. Moreover, a PM could be sent when warning, so that IMHO is also extra burden to server.

I hope euan develops module system for plugin authors to write a module and integrate it with their own plugins, could be considered in future.
Nice project euantor, thanks.

(2012-05-22, 10:11 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]...
I'd like it be where the admin can control what notifications are available and then the user can select from those what they want to see...

Yes, great idea pavemen.

1. Should be an external plugin. This is a notification system only
- The external follow plugin could easily hook into MyAlerts to provide notifications (2.)
3. Warnings should have PMs attached in any case. Not sure if this is a good idea or not
4. Definitely a good idea - hadn't thought of that at all.
5. No. I'm not going out of my way to provide support to another developer's plugin. If they wish to add notifications, they can do so by using the plugin hooks I provide.

(2012-05-26, 06:25 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Bad idea. Extra queries for those who don't have these plugins installed. Moreover, a PM could be sent when warning, so that IMHO is also extra burden to server.

I hope euan develops module system for plugin authors to write a module and integrate it with their own plugins, could be considered in future.

It won't be a module system as such, but I will provide documentation for developers on how they can add support for notifications. I will be adding plugin hooks in the key areas.

(2012-05-26, 06:49 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]Nice project euantor, thanks.

(2012-05-22, 10:11 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]...
I'd like it be where the admin can control what notifications are available and then the user can select from those what they want to see...

Yes, great idea pavemen.

That's definitely going in. It's a much needed feature in my opinion.
Sounds like an amazing idea! I'll definitely be installing this on my forum when it's released!
Sounds like a nice plugin.

I will try it out.
Is there any insight to what the GUI is going to be like?
(2012-05-26, 03:48 PM)primster7 Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a nice plugin.

I will try it out.

Thanks.

(2012-05-26, 03:55 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any insight to what the GUI is going to be like?

Not sure if you're a member of forrst at all? If you are, I'm going for something similar to that. Of course, everything will be using the template system so it can be easily modified.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41