MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts - a notification/alert system for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
(2012-11-19, 07:49 AM)echofloripa Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-16, 10:11 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I'll check it out tomorrow morning. For details on adding new alert types, check this simple(ish) guide: https://github.com/euantor/MyAlerts/wiki/Integrating

Thanks euantor, I managed to add a thankyou plugin alert, now members will know when someone likes their post Wink

There was something missing from the instructions, I had to change the userconfiguration for all users for my new notification to work:

Quote:UPDATE mybb.mybb_users SET myalerts_settings = '{"rep":1,"pm":1,"buddylist":1,"quoted":1,"post_threadauthor":1,"post_thankyou":1}';

Being "post_thankyou" my new type of alert.

Now I would have a request, if someone hasn't already done. Is it possible to add changes to subscribed threads as notifications?

Now one thing that would be really cool would be to group same type of alert for the same thing. Let's say, 10 people thanks my post, the alert could be updated when the 10th one thanks the post, and the alert could show "paul, mary and 5 more say thanks to your post", in the same way facebook does...

This would be the same for replies to the owners thread. Now I believe it shows just the first alert, and the subsequent ones won't be shown until the user reads the alert.

That isn't so much a missing step as an extra I decided not to include Wink

Re subscribed thread notifications. It is a planned feature that I shall be adding to a near future release. I had wanted to get it into the first release but didn't get time.

For the second issue/request, it seems like it would be a lot more effort for such a small change/enhancement. I may consider it in the future but not now.
(2012-11-19, 07:49 AM)echofloripa Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks euantor, I managed to add a thankyou plugin alert, now members will know when someone likes their post Wink
Care to share ! Toungue
(2012-11-19, 11:21 AM)ProVirus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-11-19, 07:49 AM)echofloripa Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks euantor, I managed to add a thankyou plugin alert, now members will know when someone likes their post Wink
Care to share ! Toungue

I'll when I get back home. Basically I changed the php bit of the thankyou plugin to insert a row in the alerts mysql table.

Then I did the changes proposed in the guide, to add a new type, and to show it. The only thing which is not working is the configuration page. It doesn't show the option to disable the new type of alert.

I did the changes directly in the myalerts plugin. I know it isn't the right thing to do, but I really needed to get this working and haven't much practice in writing plugin Smile

As a suggestion, it would be great to have a working example already packed as a plugin to easy this learning curve Wink

(2012-11-19, 09:00 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]That isn't so much a missing step as an extra I decided not to include Wink

Re subscribed thread notifications. It is a planned feature that I shall be adding to a near future release. I had wanted to get it into the first release but didn't get time.

For the second issue/request, it seems like it would be a lot more effort for such a small change/enhancement. I may consider it in the future but not now.

No problem euantor, I know how difficult it is to give your free time to help others, and I REALLY APPRECIATE!

It would also be cool if the cite alert would show which was the thread where you were cited. I did this for my thankyou plugin, so it shows the thread subject with a link to the exact post that was thanked.

Thanks
The quote one? I'll certainly look into that.

Regarding an example plugin, I'd have to build another plugin to really show off how it's done. I am planning a simple tagging plugin so you can tag users with "@username" like in twitter though and it'll be MyAlerts integrated.
(2012-11-19, 08:42 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]The quote one? I'll certainly look into that.

Regarding an example plugin, I'd have to build another plugin to really show off how it's done. I am planning a simple tagging plugin so you can tag users with "@username" like in twitter though and it'll be MyAlerts integrated.

very good notice...

thanks...
I thought of something that would be really cool. Show EVERYONE's alerts (excluding pm and cite) dinamically on a side bar (or wherever you prefer). I thought of something like:
x thanked a post
y answred a post
z created a new thread
k got alerted
I know that we don't have thread creation as an alert, but in this general sort of action list of the forum would be really cool
^Echo, that sounds like kind of a mess to me. And really creepy.

Quote:New replies to your threads

Just to clarify, this doesn't relate to the subscription system, yes? I think a more elegant solution would be subscription notifications – the admin can then set the default subscription for a new thread to "subscribe with notifications." Just a thought.

Also, I think it might be worth considering keeping PM alerts out of there, a la Facebook, that considers messages a separate stream of activity. Though hopefully your upcoming (hopefully) conversations plugin will have its own alert stream built in Smile Is there a way to disable PM notification in MyAlerts, or separate its activity stream?

I haven't installed this yet but I'll be doing so soon. Really looking forward to it.
The subscription system still is not working yet, no. I do hope to add it soon but I've been rather busy recently with University work and stuff. Hopefully I'll get it done over the christmas break.

Regarding PMs, you can completely disable any type of alert from the ACP and users can also opt out of enabled alerts if they personally don't wish to see them. If an alert type is disabled via ACP, users won't get those alerts no matter what.

My conversation system will likely be integrated with MyAlerts and make use of it's plugin hooks so that the two fit together seamlessly.
Great. Thanks. I just installed it. Question: what kind of conditionals can I use here, if any? I don't want to show an unread number if it's 0, and I want to change the class of the span when it's active. See:

[Image: b3ty6.png]
If I remember correctly, I had it set to apply a class for when alerts are unread, though I'm not sure. The {$mybb->user['unreadAlerts']} variable holds the number of unread alerts so you could do:

<if $mybb->user['unreadAlerts'] > 0 then>
<myalerts_headericon>
<endif>

I haven't used template conditionals much and certainly not for a while.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41