MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts - a notification/alert system for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
Great, thanks. Will keep at it.

When I click the alerts icon nothing pops up, just brings me to the alerts page. Any idea why that might happen?

EDIT: Never mind. Seems only the INC folder was uploaded for some reason. Uploaded the jscripts and all is well.
That would certainly explain it. Glad you worked it out Smile

If you ever de-activate the plugin, make sure to check the headerinclude too. Sometimes it removes the JS from that template, sometimes not. I don't really know why it's so temperamental.
Hey, this is awesome

Just wondering, not sure if this has been answered before, but is it possible to split the PM alerts and other alerts into two seperate feeds?, or actually, split any type of alerts to seperate feeds.

For example on XenForo the PM's are seperate to the other alerts Smile
You can disable certain alerts but there's no way of "splitting" them right now.
Hi, when I click on the "Alert" link on my forum, whether I have alerts or not, nothing happens. There is no pop-up box or anything. Is there something I need to change in the templates?
I'm going to install this plugin very soon. Thank you for making it, euantor. Smile
(2012-12-01, 01:40 PM)stanbasecom Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, when I click on the "Alert" link on my forum, whether I have alerts or not, nothing happens. There is no pop-up box or anything. Is there something I need to change in the templates?

Could you link me to your site? Sounds like a problem with the JS. You mostly likely have an old version of jQuery already in the headerinclude or something.

(2012-12-01, 03:47 PM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to install this plugin very soon. Thank you for making it, euantor. Smile

Let me know how it goes Smile
(2012-12-01, 03:53 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-01, 01:40 PM)stanbasecom Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, when I click on the "Alert" link on my forum, whether I have alerts or not, nothing happens. There is no pop-up box or anything. Is there something I need to change in the templates?

Could you link me to your site? Sounds like a problem with the JS. You mostly likely have an old version of jQuery already in the headerinclude or something.

www.stanbase.com 

I haven't got it activated now, I had to deactivate it because it was messing with other parts of my forum. I think there was a jQuery conflict because nothing JS related was working -- "Quick edit", "Multi-quote", "Mark forums as read", "Clickable smilies"

Do I have to remove or add anything in the headerinclude? Do you want me to post my headerinclude template for you?
Sorry, I didn't see this till now. I'm pretty sure there's a JS conflict. I'll look into it in a minute.
Found the issue. Remove this from your headerinclude template then re-install the plugin:

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41