MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts - a notification/alert system for MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
(2012-11-12, 12:32 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Arch, it did work on testfish on 1.6.8, but indeed, my task would send the mail based on usergroups and forum visibility.

I have worked that up into a per forum plugin used as a "newsletter" for another forum I help with, but as we cannot figure out why your email system is not sending the mail and I have no access to your site to test it then I guess I can abandon assisting you on this.

Hi Leefish - thanks again for all your help, and very happy to give access to my site -will PM you log in details if you are happy to send me an email address to set up an admin account with? I had thought you might have moved on to other things as did not hear back from you on our seperate thread .
I do think a consistant user controllable notifications system covering all the bases is the long term ideal to give users (and admins!) a sense of consistancy in appearance & operation of notifications (individuals could then also opt in & out & control frequency and other things) but if there was any way to get your standalone version working for me that would be fantastic!
* Leefish resends PM. Sorry Euantor.
please integrate with this plugin Profile Comments thx.
Hi, I installed it on my forum (after updating the pluginlibrary to the last version) and although it shows the link, the scrolling and the alerts page, the number of alerts show as 0 , even if I had many pms not seen, many citations and replies on my threads. Do I need to do anything to get it started?

mybb 1.6.8
PHP Version 5.2.17
SQL Engine MySQL 5.0.95

Forum link:
http://forum.antinovaordemmundial.com

Let me know if you need a test account to check.

thanks

(2012-11-16, 03:35 AM)echofloripa Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I installed it on my forum (after updating the pluginlibrary to the last version) and although it shows the link, the scrolling and the alerts page, the number of alerts show as 0 , even if I had many pms not seen, many citations and replies on my threads. Do I need to do anything to get it started?

mybb 1.6.8
PHP Version 5.2.17
SQL Engine MySQL 5.0.95

Forum link:
http://forum.antinovaordemmundial.com

Let me know if you need a test account to check.

thanks

As it seems, it was working, just didn't have any event since I had installed the plugin. It works great!

I'm thinking in adding a thankyou plugin notification, I'll keep you posted.

I also translated the plugin to Portuguese and can make that available here, if it's of interest.

thanks
Yeah, it only works for events occurring since installation. Glad it's working for you!

Re the translation, I'm always grateful for them. You can submit it on the mods site too if you go to the MyAlerts download page.
(2012-11-12, 07:33 AM)cuplis Wrote: [ -> ]please integrate with this plugin Profile Comments thx.

+1
I WILL NOT BE ADDING SUPPORT FOR EXTERNAL PLUGINS TO THE CORE. EVER. I've said this at least 10^8 times now.
(2012-11-16, 09:22 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it only works for events occurring since installation. Glad it's working for you!

Re the translation, I'm always grateful for them. You can submit it on the mods site too if you go to the MyAlerts download page.

Done witht he submission. I translated only the user file, as the admin wasn't necessary for me. I might be able to do it at some point. I also changed the name "Alerts" to "Notification" to avoid the confusion with the Alert system of mybb.

Could you point me to where I can find some information regarding adding a new type of alert? I look at the source code and although I'm not that experinced with PHP I think it would be trivial to add a thankyou. I would prefer though to use the plugin solution to not be stuck on the current version.

thanks a lot for your work
Thanks. I'll check it out tomorrow morning. For details on adding new alert types, check this simple(ish) guide: https://github.com/euantor/MyAlerts/wiki/Integrating
(2012-11-16, 10:11 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I'll check it out tomorrow morning. For details on adding new alert types, check this simple(ish) guide: https://github.com/euantor/MyAlerts/wiki/Integrating

Thanks euantor, I managed to add a thankyou plugin alert, now members will know when someone likes their post Wink

There was something missing from the instructions, I had to change the userconfiguration for all users for my new notification to work:

Quote:UPDATE mybb.mybb_users SET myalerts_settings = '{"rep":1,"pm":1,"buddylist":1,"quoted":1,"post_threadauthor":1,"post_thankyou":1}';

Being "post_thankyou" my new type of alert.

Now I would have a request, if someone hasn't already done. Is it possible to add changes to subscribed threads as notifications?

Now one thing that would be really cool would be to group same type of alert for the same thing. Let's say, 10 people thanks my post, the alert could be updated when the 10th one thanks the post, and the alert could show "paul, mary and 5 more say thanks to your post", in the same way facebook does...

This would be the same for replies to the owners thread. Now I believe it shows just the first alert, and the subsequent ones won't be shown until the user reads the alert.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41