MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The MyBB Humanization Project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
That's as I expected. Thanks.
(2012-08-30, 01:22 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]That's as I expected. Thanks.

But you definitely missed out validation for passwords Toungue
Permission: [Can I Turn This Into A Plugin]
Yes, tons of ides, thanks Brad.

(2012-07-10, 04:46 PM)BlackChaos Wrote: [ -> ]One of the things I love the most that you did was simplify the registration page. I'll be spending some time editing mine as well to make it simpler and more fun, rather than a flurry of options and preferences. I mean, members can change those later as well.
The other thing - on the registration page (which is why I implemented this setup from Brad) is that MyBB does not allow new users with IE7 as their browser past the password validator. EXCEPT on the MyBB default theme.

Try it out on your themes.So the choices are

1] Use MyBB default
2] Overwrite the mybb default theme with your own css etc
3] Ignore IE7 users as they have a silly browser
4] Edit the registration page.

I went with option 4.
Most people agree with most points, but I'm not going into excessive overhaul, because they say 1.8 will have a serious facelift.

One of the human things I've questioned earlier is what's the point of having a "Last Post" when people want to read discussions from the point they left.

If all other softwares (even poor SMF) go to the "First Unread Post" since long ago why are we going to the last blunt post in MyBB? To exercise fingers scrolling and scrolling up searching for the unread posts?
There is already a first unread post indicator -- the arrow next to the thread title. So I don't see why this should be repeated in a column which serves as an informational cue as to who the last poster in the topic was.

@Dark_Byte: I am not sure exactly what you wish to implement. Please PM me.
(2012-09-04, 04:06 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]There is already a first unread post indicator -- the arrow next to the thread title.

This is what matters most.

(2012-09-04, 04:06 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]So I don't see why this should be repeated in a column which serves as an informational cue as to who the last poster in the topic was.

That's like opening a pub and asking an autograph to every new client.

The point of having that info is to know the post was updated.

Who made the last post is complementary, it's decorative info only.

In a normal forum with a decent traffic, how important is to spot a last post that changes every minute and is never the same for most of people?

Humanization = Meeting the needs of common humans.
(2012-09-04, 12:39 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]The other thing - on the registration page (which is why I implemented this setup from Brad) is that MyBB does not allow new users with IE7 as their browser past the password validator. EXCEPT on the MyBB default theme.

Yup true. I had to do a few core edits to get a modal registration to work with proper validation. And I still couldnt get proper validation for recaptcha. This is a part of the new theme and forum layout that I am currently designing for CHF.
[Image: CTB2k.png]

For more info, check out <snip>
(2012-09-04, 04:56 AM)Sector Wrote: [ -> ]That's like opening a pub and asking an autograph to every new client.

The point of having that info is to know the post was updated.

Who made the last post is complementary, it's decorative info only.

In a normal forum with a decent traffic, how important is to spot a last post that changes every minute and is never the same for most of people?

Humanization = Meeting the needs of common humans.

I am so confused by this post. There is already a clear indicator when the thread is updated. If this column is not useful to you, you can remove it and emphasize the new posts indicator.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32